Talk

Advanced search

to hate my body for not even being in the same book let alone page as my mind?

(23 Posts)
entropygirl Fri 07-Oct-11 09:23:51

DD is just 4 months and my mind is reeling from a year of hyperemesis induced work chaos, SPD, labour, a post labour D and C, PND and is currently tackling the breast feeding plays full time work issue. My body, on the other hand, informed me this morning that not only was it ready to do it all again but I had missed one chance already....

aldiwhore Fri 07-Oct-11 09:26:00

The gap between my mind and body is a chaos of misinterpretation and confusion.

YANBU.

Have a word with yourself.

TheTenantOfWildfellHall Fri 07-Oct-11 09:28:20

My body waited over a year.

Good body.

TheTenantOfWildfellHall Fri 07-Oct-11 09:28:39

Your body needs some serious talking to!

entropygirl Fri 07-Oct-11 09:28:51

I had more than a word....I was f'ing and blinding for a good half an hour. Body was chuntering back....just unbelievably selfish! pestering me for a baby for like years and I eventually give in and kapow! wants another.

aldiwhore Fri 07-Oct-11 09:44:52

Give your body and inch.... tsk!

aldiwhore Fri 07-Oct-11 09:45:09

an... inch. Grr.

TheTenantOfWildfellHall Fri 07-Oct-11 09:49:29

Leave the bastard (?)

entropygirl Fri 07-Oct-11 09:50:42

considered putting it on short rations to teach it lesson. turned out that I cant eat chocolate without its help.....hmmmm chocolate. brb

havinhoops1974 Fri 07-Oct-11 09:51:33

yeah its is medical fact your much more fertile after you've had one

BOOareHaunting Fri 07-Oct-11 09:56:38

grin well worded.

yanbu.

BikeRunSki Fri 07-Oct-11 10:01:07

Oh good lord. Hyperemisis put my body off for 2.5 years, then it happened all over again. 37 wks now Good luck.

aldiwhore Fri 07-Oct-11 10:02:28

TheTennantOfWildfellHall grin

gethelp Fri 07-Oct-11 10:04:13

And no doubt you and your dh/dp are at it like tigers non-stop in all your spare time! Hope you are getting support with the pnd.x

entropygirl Fri 07-Oct-11 10:17:51

Bikerunski - no,no,no, please dont say it can happen twice to the same person! Much sympathy and congrats that its nearly done now!

gethelp - yeah I guess the mind gets more of a say regarding duff upgetting activities...Im hoping its normal to be avoiding them like the plague until the pnd wains....and yes I have lots of support, mostly from DH <feels guilty about implications of previous statement>

BikeRunSki Fri 07-Oct-11 16:47:33

entropygirl sorry, it can and usually does, although it may have been marginally better second time. Spent slightly less time in hospital. Consultant told me that once you've had HG, you're likely to get it in all susequent pg. DC1 was a boy, DC2 apparently is a girl. They both made me horrifically sick. I see pg as a means to an end.

CardyMow Fri 07-Oct-11 17:36:36

<<Clears throat>> Doesn't want to rain on anyone's parade - but it is more than possible to suffer from Hyperemesis in every pregnancy. In fact my second was worse than my first and involved me spending 19 weeks out of 40 in hospital being rehydrated on a drip - literally in for a week, out for a week, and being induced at dead on 40 weeks because I was a snivelling mess.

Had it just as bad with DC3 and DC4 too. NEVER EVER EVER want to be pregnant again.DC1 was a girl, DC2, DC3 and DC4 were boys.

<<Runs and hides>>

MrsBranning Fri 07-Oct-11 17:39:22

Shout 'Do you actually WANT a pelvic floor?' very loudly at your body when it starts up with this nonsense!

stripeybump Fri 07-Oct-11 17:41:40

Havinhoops - is that an actual scientific fact?

Northernlurker Fri 07-Oct-11 17:42:18

I was sick through every pregnancy too though did not require hospital treatment thank goodness. My body was obviously suitably chastened as it waited 9 months with dd1 and dd2 and 13 months with dd3 before chuntering for another.

havinhoops1974 Fri 07-Oct-11 19:18:32

all the midwives drilled into my head so I hope so, quite well known

entropygirl Sat 08-Oct-11 23:01:31

Yeah I did know HG's more likely to get you again once it has had you the first time really - I was just trying a little denial...

I will just have to cling to the idea that it might also not happen.

WTF!! I am already talking as if I might have another?!?! that rotten sneaky subliminal brainwashing body is getting the upper hand already!

BikeRunSki Sun 09-Oct-11 16:43:29

Hunty Not trying to rain on your parade at all. But you are nits to have done it 4 times! I have had HG in 2/2 pg so far, have no doubt that I would again if I had another (I won't).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now