Talk

Advanced search

To do a Drop Dead Fred style vom over this magazine?

(17 Posts)
INeedAHipHoperation Thu 06-Oct-11 19:37:03

The Green Parent

It was all about recycling your midwife and making friends with a tree and how to effortlessly squish out the ultimate eco warrior baby dressed in poo catching sacks, saving whales from atomic bombs.

BLUERRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!

Who even reads this shit?

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Thu 06-Oct-11 19:39:22

YAMostDefNBU

manicbmc Thu 06-Oct-11 19:47:30

I used to live next door to these types. They buried the placenta and did a 'ceremony' hmm

Witchofthenorth Thu 06-Oct-11 19:48:44

I LOVE drop dead Fred smilesmilesmile

Yanbu btw

CheerfulYank Thu 06-Oct-11 19:50:59

Meh.

I got a lot of back issues of "Mothering" magazine (I think that's what it was called) from my friend who owns a book shop. Some of the stuff I thought was really interesting, and some of the articles had me snorting and rolling my eyes. (It was made for the same type of audience you're describing.)

Horses for courses and all. smile

gordyslovesheep Thu 06-Oct-11 19:52:09

YANBU - was cheese wanker Alex james on the front?

octopusinabox Thu 06-Oct-11 19:54:33

Oh dear, I have to confess to buying this in the past although in my defence it wasn't quite so bad back then. I looked at a copy about a year ago and it had definitely changed to be more weird and tree huggy.

BatsUpMeNightie Thu 06-Oct-11 19:54:40

<<<spits tea at 'cheese wanker'>>>

Oh my shame - I bloody love his spring onion 'cheddar' - its so very good toasted with cherry tomatoes on top!

octopusinabox Thu 06-Oct-11 19:55:06

I meant to say I looked at a copy in the newsagents.

5inthebed Thu 06-Oct-11 19:57:27

Thread title made me giggle, I love Drop Dead Fred!

INeedAHipHoperation Thu 06-Oct-11 19:57:57

It had a woman in it with a big sling that she'd managed to fit two newborns in.

Yeah, that'last!!

It's a magazine for total and utter GIRLS

INeedAHipHoperation Thu 06-Oct-11 20:00:45

You come out and admit it octopus! grin

Was it when you were still pregnant? All is forgiven if you were pregnant. I had some big ideas then too.

mathanxiety Thu 06-Oct-11 20:02:36

Oh please give us a link.

INeedAHipHoperation Thu 06-Oct-11 20:06:52

I can't do links on my phone. Besides, my eyes still hurt.

Ugh! I've got a sling, and use it but stuffing two newborns in it? Piss off!

I get nods from these mums in the street. One of the gang right, with my sling? No, I just really, really, really like escalators!!

octopusinabox Thu 06-Oct-11 20:10:17

Nope, it was between my pregnancies but I was interested in the cloth nappy type articles they had (was using cloth and was an advisor).

Just so you know though ..
I have never eaten or buried a placenta
I don't hug trees (unless drunk)
I've never weaved a lentil (ok, not recently anyway and that's what counts)

grin

Placenta's are two-faced bastards. They don't deserve a ceremony.

YANBU.

Before MN I can't say I ever thought about Alex James. Now I think of him fairly frequently because he seems to be mentioned on lots of threads, and always give him his full MN title - The Cheese Wanker Alex James.

He might as well just add it to his name by deed poll now.

INeedAHipHoperation Thu 06-Oct-11 20:18:14

You know it's a good Thursday when someone promises you they've never eaten placenta grin

I always imagine these mums smoking hookah pipes and wearing a dozen brightly coloured skirts. I bet they grow their own vegetables and call them 'the fruits of the earth'. What smug dinnertimes they must have!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now