We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To refuse to eat the River Cobbler that OH bought home?

(14 Posts)
namestaken Thu 06-Oct-11 17:33:03

He thinks I'm being ridiculous.....but I seem to recall hearing so quite bad things about it, and a quick google has confirmed. He's now sulking, I feel a bit mean, AIBU?

thisisyesterday Thu 06-Oct-11 17:35:29

yes, yabu

thisisyesterday Thu 06-Oct-11 17:36:03

watchdog investigate river cobbler

chandellina Thu 06-Oct-11 17:36:53

It's nice

BatsUpMeNightie Thu 06-Oct-11 17:38:34

It's nasty. It's got a smingey taste and a weird texture. Give it to the cats.

thisisyesterday Thu 06-Oct-11 17:39:55

if you google you can find bad stuff about any fish. i wouldn't like to comment on how much of it is true, but personally i wouldn't eat any farmed fish

salmon and again

tuna

namestaken Thu 06-Oct-11 17:41:00

Thanks for the link thisis. I think all of the scare mongering has made me oddly squeamish about it.....but if Watchdog says it fine, I believe them! Will stop being so princessy!

harassedandherbug Thu 06-Oct-11 17:42:03

YABU

I love it, but it's not as cheap as it was now that everyone is buying it!

namestaken Thu 06-Oct-11 17:44:10

Well that's the thing, I do try and avoid farmed fish, but was thinking as it's already in the fridge, this once probably won't kill us. Just really sqeamish about it. I might just push it around a bit to stop OH from sulking. And then give it to the cat.

LaWeasel Thu 06-Oct-11 17:50:25

We've had it before - I liked it! Was very disappointed to see it's not nearly as cheap as it was. Fish is so madly expensive.

MrsFruitcake Thu 06-Oct-11 18:19:17

I wouldn't buy River Cobbler, it doesn't taste nice imo.

My DCs like Pollock, Sainsburys do a pack of pollock fillets for about £1.40. I coat them in breadcrumbs and lightly fry them and the children really like it. So not all fish is expensive.

NestaFiesta Thu 06-Oct-11 18:23:02

Smoked River Cobbler is lovely in Fish Pie and totally bone free and firm.

LaWeasel Thu 06-Oct-11 18:25:19

I should probably add as a disclaimer that we love about as far away from the sea as you can in Britain, so there is not much choice anyway.

LaWeasel Thu 06-Oct-11 18:25:29

not love, live.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now