Talk

Advanced search

Was IBU to swear at Talk Talk today?

(14 Posts)
Dawndonna Thu 06-Oct-11 17:23:23

I cancelled my contract with them last week. Every day at around 12.45 they ring me and ask me how my service is with them. We are on day eight.
All the time I was with them, they didn't call me once. The contract runs out on the eighteenth. Am I to expect daily harassment? I'm afraid I did use the f word today. Okay, they don't know it, but the time of day that they ring is in fact a particularly difficult one, having to sort out meds for disabled dh and get him off for a rest, but ringing me daily, when I have patiently explained, each time they have rung, that we have changed provider is starting to really piss me off!
Grrrrrrr!

aldiwhore Thu 06-Oct-11 17:25:06

YANBU, I had this too.

FagAshLill Thu 06-Oct-11 19:27:12

I told them to fuck off when they can knocking at the door asking me if I was interested in free broadband.

Apparently she wasnt selling anything (yeah right) and that Nicola down the road has signed up (I know everyone on this street - it's not very big, and there is no Nicola, well, there is but she's 2.

When I said no, she retored with a very snotty - well carry on paying for your internet then.

I told her to fuck off before I slammed the door.

kritosis Thu 06-Oct-11 19:29:56

YABU theres no need to be abusive, just don't pick up the phone.

chelen Thu 06-Oct-11 19:41:27

Oh YANBU, you should ring them up just to swear at them IMO! They were absolutely awful when we had to deal with them due to a relative's death, it was so upsetting. We swore quite a bit then too. At least they got a £3m fine for being totally shite, they had more complaints than any other provider.

IwanttobeShirleyValentine Thu 06-Oct-11 19:49:33

YANBU.

Talk Talk are incompetent twats. Exactly how incompetent they are does not become apparent until you have either problems with the service and need to call or when you TRY to cancel.

Notice I said TRY to cancel. I suspect that although you think you have cancelled, you actually have not. Not your fault at all but I would suggest you get yourself a cuppa, make yourself comfy on the dofa and google Talk talk complaints and spend the next decade reading the thousands of quite frankly terrifying stories of people who think they cancelled they contracts with Talk Talk.

They didnt get the biggest fine ever issued by OFCOM (i think it was OFCOM) for nothing!

I am a victim of these numpties too and my tale of misery and unbelievable incompetence is far from over.

Be very wary and keep an eye on your bank account.

said Thu 06-Oct-11 19:51:43

ha ha at ring them up just to swear at them

happydotcom Thu 06-Oct-11 19:51:46

YANBU. Talk Talk are pants and the customer service is shite with a capital S

mummytowillow Thu 06-Oct-11 20:46:21

YABU - I work in customer services, I absolutely refuse to be sworn at by customers no matter how angry they are! I tell them I will terminate the call if the persist!

I'm just doing my job, its not my fault 'a company' have policies I have to adhere to!

I personally think you have lost your argument if you have to swear at the adviser on the phone, but its done now!! wink

PointyBlackHat Thu 06-Oct-11 20:54:01

I've not sworn atr them, but I have told them very firmly to stop calling me to sell me their broadband, to the point of telling them that I would leave them for my phone services if they called me one more time.

Blessed silence so far.

troisgarcons Thu 06-Oct-11 20:57:53

YABU - they are only doing a job. They aren't the policy makers.

It's the same as swearing at a supermarket assistant because they havent got your favourite brand of cous cous on the shelf.

I like Talk Talk - they do what you want, when you want no quibble!

Dawndonna Thu 06-Oct-11 21:17:30

I did feel bad about the person in the call centre, but I have told them every day for the last eight days not to contact. I can't not answer the 'phone in case it's school, I have three children with Asperger Syndrome and need to be available at all times.
I will keep an eye on my bank account, I will be cancelling the direct debit at the end of the month.

chelen Thu 06-Oct-11 21:27:42

I wouldn't have sworn if the person on the phone had been civil, but he wasn't and was extremely rude despite constantly being told that the account holder was dead.

I have worked in a call centre myself, I would expect to be sworn at if I was as rude as that person was to us - he was utterly offensive.

I accept they don't set policy and they are doing a job. Some people do it well. Some people do it adequately. Some people do a really bad job and are rude. And some people are downright obnoxious and its nothing to do with following policy.

constantlytired Thu 06-Oct-11 21:47:04

I probably wouldn't have swore at them, but can totally understand your frustration..... i would rather chew my own arm off than ever have another contract with them again, utterly utterly useless. And trying to cancel contract was ridiculous....not sure if it was a language barrier (i'm not sure what country their call centre was that i got through to) or just an appalling level of service.....never ever again. [shudders]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now