Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed with DH

(9 Posts)
Asmodeus Wed 05-Oct-11 15:39:09

I took a pregnancy test as AF is two days late (Not wanting a baby, using protection etc)

I'm Visually Impaired so couldn't tell what was on it and asked DH to read it. He called over our 4 year old and got her to count the lines and told her what it was for. I looked at him inredulously and he told me that he had already seen it was negative and didm't see the harm.

No harm? What if the next one I do is positive? I don't want her confused. And even if it's not I just didn't see why DH had to involve her in it at all really.

I think maybe I am BU because she's got to learn about these things. I guess it's just all the emotion I'm feeling about the possibility of another baby and maybe I'm taking it out on DH?

PhilipJFry Wed 05-Oct-11 15:47:48

I think I'd be upset in your position, because I would want to know quickly and not have a game made of it. Not having a choice but to wait for a 4 year old to read it out wouldn't really be on in a situation where it wasn't a planned or desired pregnancy.

themightyskim Wed 05-Oct-11 15:49:32

I would have been most upset to be fair, Im 12 weeks and my SD doesnt know yet who is the same age, itsa a lot to take in and if it had of been positive so many things can go wrong in those first few weeks how would you explain that to her?

Asmodeus Wed 05-Oct-11 15:58:32

DH said that he had read it first and that it was negative. I'm mad because if AF doesn't come and another one is pos, what's he gonna do then?

Even at that DD has a huge mouth and will probably tell everyone in the fam she saw a PG test and they are going to want to know why!! If I am pg we'd already discussed that NO-ONE would know until much much later because we already have 4 kids and people can be unkind about that as it is. Now I'm scared that DH's thoughtlessness will lead to everyone knowing that I thought I was pregnant again.

I've calmed down a bit but not really surprised. He's not one for thinking things through.

themightyskim congrats on your bump smile

biddysmama Wed 05-Oct-11 16:04:22

i dont mention it at all to my ds (9) until im 12 weeks/had 1st scan so i dont think yabu

themightyskim Wed 05-Oct-11 16:06:10

Thanks asmodeus it sounds like yours wont be long to follow smile perhaps when you do your next test a trusted friend might be a better whitness?

worraliberty Wed 05-Oct-11 16:07:29

What does AF stand for?

Asmodeus Wed 05-Oct-11 16:08:41

I think you might be right! I do have a plan though if DD says anything to the families. I'm just going to say that I showed her the pregnancy test I did with her when going through her baby box with her. I guess I better go through her baby box with her then!

Ass = covered!

Asmodeus Wed 05-Oct-11 16:09:04

AF = Aunt Flo (Your period)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now