Talk

Advanced search

to expect him to just tell me if he's not coming???

(6 Posts)
ginmakesitallok Wed 05-Oct-11 12:16:25

DB and family are meant to be visiting us week after next - couple of days here with us on our own and then Mums coming over (surprise for her him being here). I asked him months ago and he said they would come. He's not been to visit us in over 10 years. A few weeks ago I checked if they were coming- he said yes, so I've arranged somewhere for them to stay. I spoke to him on Sunday and he said they were going to sort flights that night, I asked him to let me know when he did so I know when to collect them. Haven't heard from him.

AIBU to be a bit pissed off - or should I just relax? I am/was so looking forward to them coming, but if they aren't then I'd like to know so that we can make plans for those days.

Oh - and I've tried calling him, phone going to voicemail

squeakytoy Wed 05-Oct-11 12:17:56

I would be more than pissed off if my brother was so disinterested in seeing his family.

Flyonthewindscreen Wed 05-Oct-11 12:19:56

YANBU, I would like to know definate plans if it involved a whole family coming to stay soon and needing airport pickups, etc. Sounds fishy to me. Why is he leaving it so late to book flights and why is he not returning your calls? Is there history to why he hasn't visited in 10 years?

ginmakesitallok Wed 05-Oct-11 12:20:35

Hadn't thought about it like that! shock We see him every time we're home, about twice a year usually - and he always makes an effort for us, so I don't think he's disinterested in us...

ginmakesitallok Wed 05-Oct-11 12:22:43

no - no history that I know of (though his dp and I don't get along that well, but we muddle through and are always polite to each other). It's always just been the way that we tend to visit him rather than the other way round (or we get together at my Mums)

Flyonthewindscreen Wed 05-Oct-11 12:27:34

Either he/his DP don't really want to come (possibly because of all sorts of practical reasons, work, children's arrangements or whatever) or he is terribly disorganised and can't get his act together to book stuff/communicate with you. But rude anyway, you need to know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now