Talk

Advanced search

To get peed off with the amount of tat that's reposted on Facebook

(4 Posts)
YoFluffy Wed 05-Oct-11 09:38:38

In my Facebook feed this past week I've lost count of the number of times I've read the same post "This year there are 5 Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays in October and it's the first time it's happened in 838 years ...and it's lucky...yadda yadda...please repost to fill your money bags" There are actually 5 Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays every single time the 1st October lands on a Saturday which is every 6 years or so (not difficult to get your head around). And no doubt there's no pot of gold waiting on any of them if we repost the post.

Or there's the endless posts "Can you do me a personal favour? If you want to stop cancer repost this post" Erm, and how exactly will that stop cancer?

Or then there's the "I like it on the stairs" type of posts (handbag?) Again something to do with stopping breast cancer, although I can't quite work out how.

Perhaps it's time for me to leave Facebook to the kids....or add some new people to my feed who will actually think and post for themselves rather then reposting brain-numbing tat.

Rant over.

NotTheBlinkingGruffaloAgain Wed 05-Oct-11 09:47:32

It's always the really needy people who post things like... "I know who will re-post this"
eugh fill your boots I wont be getting involved

MissPenteuth Wed 05-Oct-11 09:48:41

It's not Facebook's fault. Maybe you need to be pickier with your friend requests.

TheTenantOfWildfellHall Wed 05-Oct-11 10:54:03

I've never had any of these FB reposting things that I read so much of on here!

I don't send or accept friend requests unless they are actually my friends. Not someone I once went to school with but never spoke to, or someone's husband who I met once.

I haven't accepted my mum's request because this is just the sort of shit she posts, along with all those game things; farmville etc. CBA!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now