Talk

Advanced search

to not expect to be shouted at in the street by a complete stranger?

(20 Posts)
WhoopsieDaisie Tue 04-Oct-11 18:49:51

So, am putting pushchair into car boot after school run this afternoon while DCs are getting in the car. Car pulls up alongside us and driver hoots the horn. I look over the car boot thinking it's someone we know but it is'nt. Car then pulls into driveway about 10 yards up the street. Woman with 3 DCs gets out and walks over to us shouting 'can you stop walking on the bushes'. I say 'sorry?' bewildered, she shouts again 'stop walking on the bushes or I'll call the police'. She is talking about the strip of land about a metre wide between the road and the path (her house is quite a way away and set away from the path) that has a few grey, dead looking roots on it about a foot high that we have stepped around while getting into the car! We were not jumping about there hmm. I tell her 'I don't think we hurt them, they look alright'. She glares at me and quickly goes into her house.

AIBU to think she is an absolute loon? The DCs were as shocked as I was.

We live too far away to walk as we have moved house since the DCs started at the school and we park along a wide, straight residential road along with lots of parents. This woman's DCs go to another school in the area as I could see from their uniform while they stood behind their mother looking embarrassed. Our school is literally 30 yards away from her house though. It is a public road and so the strip is land is also public but we were not doing anything to disturb anything anyway.

I was wondering what mentality a person would have to shout at a complete stranger in the street like this. She was well dressed in a suit and was about my age. Weird!

BeerTricksPotter Tue 04-Oct-11 18:52:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Andrewofgg Tue 04-Oct-11 18:55:02

There's more out than in . . .

PomBearAtTheGatesOfDawn Tue 04-Oct-11 18:55:22

Train your DCs and/or pets and/or DH to pee on them grin

Frizzbonce Tue 04-Oct-11 18:55:44

She is a loon. Fact. Wipe it from your mind!

MrMan Tue 04-Oct-11 18:59:30

There is a breed of person that goes around looking for stuff to be pissed off at. some of them can be seen to post on MN they are best ignored

Andrewofgg Tue 04-Oct-11 18:59:42

PomBear Train the pets to pee on her!

WhoopsieDaisie Tue 04-Oct-11 19:00:53

I Know I should'nt give it another thought Frizzbonce, I am rather annoyed it has bothered me. Probably the aggressive tone and threat of calling the police.

Unlurked Tue 04-Oct-11 19:01:47

Some people are weird. I was crossing a road at a zebra crossing once, a van had stopped to let us cross. I walked across the road holding dd1's hand and pushing dd2 in the buggy with my other hand. As we got to the other side of the road the man in the van shouted 'IGNORANT BITCH!' out of his window at me. I can only think he either thought I was someone else or he was pissed off that I hadn't acknowledged his kind gesture of not running me and my daughters down on a zebra crossing.

So, as I said, some people are weird.

BeerTricksPotter Tue 04-Oct-11 19:01:55

WhoopsieDaisie Tue 04-Oct-11 19:07:26

No BeerTricks, AIBU to be Furious at the woman who stamped on the foliage, which I don't own, at the side of a public road 10 yards from my house?

KatieScarlett2833 Tue 04-Oct-11 19:10:16

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE BUSHES?

<Enjoying self, please indulge me>

BeerTricksPotter Tue 04-Oct-11 19:10:28

Roseflower Tue 04-Oct-11 19:13:30

Next time say "Madam, I can assure you I would go nowhere near your bush"
grin

WhoopsieDaisie Tue 04-Oct-11 19:15:40

Snort!

SandStorm Tue 04-Oct-11 19:19:26

When she threatened to call the police you should have called her bluff and just said, 'go ahead, DC and I will wait here"

MrMan Tue 04-Oct-11 19:23:04

rose LOL

KatieScarlett2833 Tue 04-Oct-11 19:24:12

Or "Don't bleat about the bush"..

Ripeberry Tue 04-Oct-11 19:24:30

Don't you know. It's where the Smurfs live! grin

Kladdkaka Tue 04-Oct-11 19:26:36

Residents do tend to get very peed off with school run parkers, even the ones who park legally. They get quite territorial.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now