Dear OP's

(119 Posts)
StrandedBear Tue 04-Oct-11 18:45:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Byeckerslike Tue 04-Oct-11 18:47:51

Ooh, i saw the beginnings of one of those earlier

<searches aibu>

Honeydragon Tue 04-Oct-11 18:49:43

Oh and have a quick search of what you want to post before you post, you can still post it, but you get an idea of what the consensus is and whether it was done already this week on another thread.

And if people agree with each other they are not a clique

SnapesMistress Tue 04-Oct-11 18:50:38

YANBU but OTOH what people see as offensive is different and tone can be misconstrued in text.

OracleInaCoracle Tue 04-Oct-11 18:51:22

Yanbu. Pisses me right off. Nor is it a place to ask about favourite cakes/shoes/christmas traditions.

OracleInaCoracle Tue 04-Oct-11 18:51:22

Yanbu. Pisses me right off. Nor is it a place to ask about favourite cakes/shoes/christmas traditions.

StrandedBear Tue 04-Oct-11 18:53:29

rycooler Tue 04-Oct-11 18:53:35

Aibu to think no one new or exciting joins mumsnet anymore? - as wonderful as all the regulars are I'm so bored with them - in fact I skim over their posts - they should be pensioned off to the sunshine home for retired mumsnetters - I want young and funky - exciting and edgy - I'm just not getting it.

OracleInaCoracle Tue 04-Oct-11 18:55:27

Oh yes, that type of aibu is acceptable.

Aibu to ask if you like these shoes? is not.

OracleInaCoracle Tue 04-Oct-11 18:55:27

Oh yes, that type of aibu is acceptable.

Aibu to ask if you like these shoes? is not.

Kayano Tue 04-Oct-11 18:55:48

Can we also add:

Also please refrain from DRIP FEEDING! Don't keep adding more or twisting the story when it isn't going your way.

All relevant information in the actual OP

grin

worraliberty Tue 04-Oct-11 18:59:51

I think some of the other posters on the threads can throw bigger hissy fits than the OP's do grin

I love the ones who have taken no part whatsoever in the thread...but they come on to criticise those who have and accuse them of being bullies.

You couldn't make it up Lol

StrandedBear Tue 04-Oct-11 19:02:05

pocketfullofposies Tue 04-Oct-11 19:03:39

Also (and this is in now way a dig at the poor lady with the stepmother at the wedding situation - the OP there sounds totally reasonable and also lovely) if you refer to "a disagreement" or "an argument" or "a situation that happened in the past" we ARE going to ask you what it was. You may as well just cough to it in the OP as people won't stop asking as we are nosey bastards need all the info to make our minds up.

diddl Tue 04-Oct-11 19:04:02

"Nor is it a place to ask about favourite cakes/shoes/christmas traditions."

Or for double postsgrin

OracleInaCoracle Tue 04-Oct-11 19:06:42

Diddl, my posts are so important and insightful that they need to be read twice nothing at all to do with the twatphone

OracleInaCoracle Tue 04-Oct-11 19:06:42

Diddl, my posts are so important and insightful that they need to be read twice nothing at all to do with the twatphone

ViviPru Tue 04-Oct-11 19:09:18

1) calling people bullies (or anything along those lines) for disagreeing
2) getting really irate if people disagree with you
3) refuse to concede that you are in fact being unreasonable after several pages of being told so.
4) have a quick search of what you want to post before you post, you can still post it, but you get an idea of what the consensus is and whether it was done already this week on another thread.
5) please don't drip feed/twist the story when you realise things aren't going your way
6) shoes/cakes/dresses talk should be in chat
7) 'your all boring cliquey bitches' is not permitted
8) Paragraphs. PLEASE.

StrandedBear Tue 04-Oct-11 19:16:45

mumofbumblebea Tue 04-Oct-11 19:18:22

Yanbu. Pisses me right off. Nor is it a place to ask about favourite cakes/shoes/christmas traditions

so how am i meant to find out whether i am being unreasonable for choosing carrot over chocolate cake or just eating both

Annpan88 Tue 04-Oct-11 19:21:51

YABU for not posting an AIBU question grin

StrandedBear Tue 04-Oct-11 19:22:28

StrandedBear Tue 04-Oct-11 19:30:58

rycooler Tue 04-Oct-11 19:32:40

I was being serious grin

TheLadyEvenstar Tue 04-Oct-11 19:45:26

wot abt tlkin in txt tlk? wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now