Talk

Advanced search

To want to spend some time with my OH before it becomes impossible!

(9 Posts)
Tinks30 Tue 04-Oct-11 17:45:52

Hi All,
Feeling massively sorry for myself.
I'm 6 months pregnant with twins and my partner and I are in the process of moving house. We are currently staying with his parents who are lovely but its not the same as being in your own home and to make matters worse my OH is a copper so he works shifts and then when he is not working he is at the new house making it all nice for me and the girls. I hope I don't sound too ungrateful but I literally haven't seen him and because I can't do anything in the house I just end up getting sooooooo bored and because I'm staying with the inlaws I don't feel like I can just veg out or hide in my room. I would just like to see him once sad
I feel like such a nuisance to have around. I'm contemplating going to stay with some of my family because then at least I can just be me.
Grrrr, moan over!

BluddyMoFo Tue 04-Oct-11 17:47:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

worraliberty Tue 04-Oct-11 17:48:47

Aww I do feel for you but on the plus side at least it's a temporary measure.

I'm sure once your home's all nicely done out, it'll be worth it.

Why don't you help him with the new house? That way you can spend time together.

BluddyMoFo Tue 04-Oct-11 17:48:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Happymm Tue 04-Oct-11 17:49:39

DH and I booked a weekend away before DC 1 was born-is that possible? Wasn't a sexy wkend as v pregnant, but was romantic and time for just us IYSWIM?

lovingthecoast Tue 04-Oct-11 17:54:05

Firstly, congratulations on your twins. I think you have lots going on and tbh, I think you'd have anxieties over the impending changes even if you were in your own home.
How long before you can move in? Will it be before the babies are born? I have 4 kids and was bored and grumpy each time by 6mths so I can imagine that a twin pg isn't easy at this stage.

It's also understandable that you want to spend as much time with your partner as possible before your lives change forever. Can you book a couple of 'dates' in over the next few weeks? A chance to go out to eat, talk and remember why you love each other and are together as a couple. I think that would help you both relax. I'm sure he's not finding the whole set up easy either and is probably preoccupied with the practicalities such as getting the house ready for you and the babies that he is forgetting that you both need time together.

As for the current living arrangements, not easy at the best of times to live with ILs and I can imagine especially so when you're heavily pregnant and just want to slob out! How about suggesting you go and visit your parents for a few days? Would that be possible? I know it wouldn't solve the other issue but at least you could relax a little.

Good luck with everything and don't worry, most new mums-to-be would be feeling exactly the same! smile

Tinks30 Tue 04-Oct-11 17:59:46

Thanks for all your lovely responses. Unfortunately I can't really help out. There's a lot of wall knocking down and re-building. I did some painting but now that's all done.
Also there's no loo in the house yet so if I need the loo it means popping into the town centre literally every half an hour....lol!
We should be in in about two weeks but that feels like forever when you are at your IL's.
Yep, I think I might go and stay with my family for a while. Its nice because they can just ignore me and vice versa!
grin

worraliberty Tue 04-Oct-11 18:02:52

I know what you mean

There's a certain awkwardness about staying at someone's house even if you get on really well with them isn't there?

I'd long to walk around scratching my arse in peace grin

McPie Tue 04-Oct-11 18:04:42

At 6 months with my twins I struggled to get Ds1 to school and getting on the bus and go to work (even though it was only 4 1/2 hours) was an utter nightmare, thankfully I finished at 29 weeks and had taken my years worth of holidays before I finished. Other than school run I literally sat on mine or my mums sofa for the 4 weeks (to the exact day) before they decided to arrive early.
I feel your frustration as life will never be the same once they arrive but you must tell him how you feel now or it will have you snapping at him and all he is doing is trying to create the best he can for his girls. Can he not ask a friend or family member to do some work in the new house so you can spend some time together?
I really hope you sort something out and in all honesty hormones will be playing a huge part in how you feel but the best thing I ever learned is to talk to my OH and tell him the truth or it eats you up and makes you far more angry about any situation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now