Talk

Advanced search

To send DD to bed at 6?

(30 Posts)
AttillaTheMum Tue 04-Oct-11 17:41:43

DD is 14mo.

All the other same aged children around here go to bed a lot later.

I'm a bit fed up of all the hmm other parents are giving me but I think she needs it

AttillaTheMum Tue 04-Oct-11 17:42:06

The sleep that isgrin

chelen Tue 04-Oct-11 17:42:49

They're only jealous! If she's sleeping happily why change it? Seriously, that sounds like bliss. If she starts getting up at 4am have a rethink.

Hulababy Tue 04-Oct-11 17:43:12

Idf she needs the sleep and is ready for bed at that time, and it doesn't mean he is up at the crack of dawn - continue, your DD and your choices.

There is no way I'd have been able to have DD in bed for that time when she was smaller personally. Would have meant she was awake way too early! But everyone's different.

worraliberty Tue 04-Oct-11 17:43:17

I've never put my kids to bed before 8pm or my DH would never have seen them.

However, you know your own child and that's that really.

If it works for you, why do you care what others think?

pyjamasinbananas Tue 04-Oct-11 17:43:34

My 15 month old and 2.5 yr old go to bed at 6. It's brilliant!!

diddl Tue 04-Oct-11 17:44:05

Fine if it works for you.

Wouldn´t have been any good for us as children would have been up too early/husband wouldn´t have seen them in the evening.

Sirzy Tue 04-Oct-11 17:47:56

Ds is nearly 2 and goes at 6.30

Personally I think bed before 7 is best for pre school aged children. I know a lot don't agree though and as long as they get enough sleep then each to there own!

Firawla Tue 04-Oct-11 17:47:59

no its fine! she's only 14 months, so she is little and may need the sleep. who cares what other parents think. i sometimes put mine in bed at 6 (well anywhere between 6 and 7, after 7 i would consider quite late unless for a special reason) and thats including a 3 year old so quite a bit older but i still think it is fine. if kids are happy with it then why not. obviously different if you're a working mum and would never see them but for sahm its fine

verytellytubby Tue 04-Oct-11 17:51:37

My twins always went to bed at 6 at that age. Bloody brilliant!

StrandedBear Tue 04-Oct-11 17:53:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AttillaTheMum Tue 04-Oct-11 17:56:13

Phew, I was preparing for a flaming!

No she doesn't get up early, usually between 7 and 8

worraliberty Tue 04-Oct-11 17:58:28

Excuse my ignorance because it's a long time since my youngest was little..but is going 13 or 14 hours without a drink ok for them at that age?

<clueless>

pyjamasinbananas Tue 04-Oct-11 17:58:59

I put a beaker of water in their beds for my 2

KittyFane Tue 04-Oct-11 18:12:18

Yes my DD went to bed at 6.30/7 until she was at pre-school. She got up really early, but we do too so it was fine!
YADNBU.
She is now 8 and goes to bed at 8 apart from weekends.

AttillaTheMum Tue 04-Oct-11 18:18:16

I send her with water

kblu Tue 04-Oct-11 18:20:27

I used to put mine to bed at that age around that time. He sometimes still does fall asleep at that time if he's been at nursery from 8.00 am till 6.00 pm without a nap and he's 3.5 now. He will sleep all night too! I used to get the "that's a bit early to put your child to bed" routine. If it suits you and it suits your DD just get on with it.

rhondajean Tue 04-Oct-11 18:23:10

DD1 at this age happily slept 14 hours a day. If I didnt put her to bed at 6:30 she would never have been up for the next day. YANBU.

PomBearAtTheGatesOfDawn Tue 04-Oct-11 18:30:15

Mine are 9,6 and 4 and bedtime on a school night is 7pm here. They need their sleep, and they do go to bed, and to sleep, within about half an hour of 7, and sleep all night so they obviously need that much sleep. :-)

pocketfullofposies Tue 04-Oct-11 18:32:07

Mine are 15mo and 3.1 and go to bed at 6.

Nowt wrong with it, mine have always got overtried and screechy if left any later.

sunnyday123 Tue 04-Oct-11 18:48:00

nothing wrong in principal but my husband would have gone mad as he only get in about 5.45 - i think its more important to get that family time as routines can always be altered. As babies i'd let DD have a nap later so she could stay up til 7pm in order for her to spend time with her dad. If you manage that still then i think its fine - my DDs have always been 7.30 -7 since babies and 6 and 4 now.

dizzyblonde Tue 04-Oct-11 19:09:00

Mine always went to bed between 6 and 6.30 otherwise they were horrible the following day, no they didn't see DH as he wasn't home until at least 8. In fact they didn't see him in the morning either as he left for work at 6.15. Has it ruined their relationship? Of course it hasn't, they used to have plenty of fun with him at weekends.

JugsMcGee Tue 04-Oct-11 19:20:28

My DS is 7.5mo and normally goes to bed at 7ish. However, he woke up early yesterday so went to bed at 5.50 last night! Woke early again this morning and in bed at 6.30 tonight. Early bedtime = great. Early waking = not so much. Couldn't have kept him up any later though, he was getting really worked up. MIL complained that we were putting him to bed too early but not a lot we can do when he's that tired!

Do what works for your DD.

inmysparetime Tue 04-Oct-11 19:22:57

My two went to bed between 6 and 6.30 until last year (it's nearer 7-7.30 now due to clubs they go to). My kids are 10 and 7, but they get up around 6am whatever time they go to bed, so at least me and DH got our evenings together child-free and the DCs get cranky if they don't get enough sleep (e.g. Cub camp). YANBU at all

WilsonFrickett Tue 04-Oct-11 19:26:53

We were always fairly late because of DH working late and it suited DS fine. OTOH a friend kept her baby up later to see the DP and he's a terrible sleeper and has never really 'settled'. I think you have to be led by the child on this one, and as it's obvious that this routine suits your DD then of course YANBU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now