Talk

Advanced search

To wonder if it would make me a bad mother to delegate

(12 Posts)
emkana Tue 04-Oct-11 13:42:37

The sewing of brownie badges to a needle/sewing shop? Does it make a difference that as a sahm I would have the time, but neither the inclination nor the ability?

Uglymush Tue 04-Oct-11 13:44:18

I think it sounds the best way to do it!!

youmeatsix Tue 04-Oct-11 13:45:44

get your daughter to do her needlework badge and she can then do it herself!

Eglu Tue 04-Oct-11 13:48:12

Having just spent what felt like an eternity sewing badges onto a Cubs sweatshirt from the Beavers one, YANBU at all. I hate it.

Roseflower Tue 04-Oct-11 13:48:15

I hate sewing (for good reason) but luckily DH loves it so that would be his job. If not, yes it would be outsourced!

Almostfifty Tue 04-Oct-11 13:49:09

Two words.

Badge glue.

kellestar Tue 04-Oct-11 13:50:00

Why can't they sew it on wink When I was Brown Owl a few years ago we had a badge sewing on night, every now and then. Same when I took over the Guide unit.

My mum attached mine with bondaweb, she loved the stuff, but is a PITA when handing down as it's hard to remove and when it does it marks.

emkana Tue 04-Oct-11 14:07:52

Does badge glue really work though?

cat64 Tue 04-Oct-11 14:17:26

Message withdrawn

Almostfifty Tue 04-Oct-11 14:19:46

Badge glue does work.

If you use it correctly and not put it on five seconds before you put the top on the child...

You never want to take the badges off though, cos it leaves a mark.

Takes me ten seconds to sew on badges, and I'm useless at sewing. Big stitches all hidden under the badge, works everytime.

skirt Tue 04-Oct-11 14:21:32

Yes you are being unreasonable and lazy and wasting money, it takes 5 mins.

TheTenantOfWildfellHall Tue 04-Oct-11 14:23:25

Ooh no I enjoy it.

I also enjoy picking the badges off the uniform when they've left and sewing them onto their camp blankets along with the fabric patches from our holidays.

We're all very proud of our camp blankets and some of my badges are 30 years old! <smug>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now