Talk

Advanced search

To Tell My DsDad To F-Off And Not Come Back For Hitting my Dog?

(96 Posts)
RozziPringle Tue 04-Oct-11 08:49:43

He and my mother came to visit and in the past he's been quite playful with my 8 month old puppy, let her jump on him and "kiss" him etc(She's a yorkie-poo so only tiny)

Yesterday he came obviously in a foul mood, my puppy jumped up at him and tried to give him a kiss as she has done in the past, this time he hit her quite hard to the point she yelped.

I ofcourse went mental and told him to get out and not come back if he's going to do that to a member of my family, my mum just sat there and said "oh he doesnt like dogs jumping up and hates germs" hmm. It was ok last time and how is the dog ment to know this time is different

I know i sound a bit PFD (precious first dog) and that some people dont like dogs but i wouldnt go into somones home and hit their pets. Now my mum and DsDad are not talking to me so i wondered if IWBU?

HelloSweetie Tue 04-Oct-11 08:53:38

1. teach your dog not to jump up or people will bat it away.

2. no he shouldn't have hit it.

HelloSweetie Tue 04-Oct-11 08:54:21

3. whatthe actual fuck is a yorkie-poo? is that like a mongral?

TheTenantOfWildfellHall Tue 04-Oct-11 08:57:59

I think yorkie poo is the sloppy shit that follows from eating too many manly sized chocolate bars.

Vallhala Tue 04-Oct-11 08:58:51

If he were my SD he'd have left my house very quickly, in considerably more pain than my dog had experienced and wouldn't be returning.

So I guess it's fair to say that if you tell your SD to fuck off and not come back he should be bloody grateful that he' getting off so lightly.

YANBU.

emmam25 Tue 04-Oct-11 08:59:58

just googled yorkie poo - too cute for words!

IMO YANBU to be very upset he hit your puppy but perhaps didn't handle it in the most diplomatic way.

Vallhala Tue 04-Oct-11 09:00:14

And yes, Sweetie, a yorkie-poo is a mongrel, along with all the other crossbreeds in the world.

thenightsky Tue 04-Oct-11 09:05:49

I think it's a yorkie-poodle cross.

Tanif Tue 04-Oct-11 09:06:13

YABVU unreasonable for calling your dog anything other than a mongrel or, at the very best, a crossbreed.

Vallhala Tue 04-Oct-11 09:07:19

"I think it's a yorkie-poodle cross."

That's what we said, thenightsky. A mongrel.

Flowerpotmummy Tue 04-Oct-11 09:20:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SnakeOnCrack Tue 04-Oct-11 09:30:11

No, anyone who hits a dog just because they're in a bad mood and the dog does something minor to annoy them can fuck right off.

midoriway Tue 04-Oct-11 09:33:49

Stop encouraging your dog to jump up on people and "give them kisses". I have lost teeth on 2 separate occasions by someone's sweetie little jack russell (it is always a jack russell, have no idea why) jumping into my lap and smacking me on the mouth enough for me to lose teeth.

MarginallyNarkyPuffin Tue 04-Oct-11 09:37:39

You don't hit dogs.

YANBU

diddl Tue 04-Oct-11 09:41:31

He shouldn´t have hit the dog.

But when you say he lets the dog jump up/kiss-do you mean he tolerates it or encourages it iyswim?

That´s one of my pet hates tbh when owners think it´s all cute & everyone else loves it as much as they do.

And yes, I have a dog who jumps up/kisses/sits next to/on you-when told he may.

faverolles Tue 04-Oct-11 09:41:48

YANBU, horrible to hit dogs.

But train it not to jump up. It's seriously irritating to be smothered by a dog unless you have specifically invited it to do so.

Redbluegreen Tue 04-Oct-11 09:41:59

Your dog sounds badly behaved and pretty unpleasant to be around, but no of course he shouldn't have hit it. Only you know your relationship with your stepfather though, perhaps there is more to it, as otherwise telling him to never come back is probably a step too far.

ljgibbs Tue 04-Oct-11 09:43:24

YANBU

Pakdooik Tue 04-Oct-11 09:44:23

YABU

You mum and dad are "members of your family". The dog isn't - it's a pet.

hmc Tue 04-Oct-11 09:45:02

I think you did the right think to tell him in a very firm way that you will not tolerate this - however I do think you should let him back over the threshold and let bygones be bygones, he knows the score now.

gordyslovesheep Tue 04-Oct-11 09:45:57

I agree with Redbluegreen - and yes - it's not a 'breed' it's a mongrel - I do hate this new trend for mixing dogs together and calling them designer!

ThePumpkinKing Tue 04-Oct-11 09:46:05

You should probably train your dog not to jump at people.

If a dog jumped at me/my children in the park I'd hit it pretty hard.

If I went to someones house and their badly trained dog jumped at me, I'd hit it away and not return until the dog was locked away from visitors.

Badly trained dogs are irritating and can be dangerous.

SoupDragon Tue 04-Oct-11 09:46:12

FGS train your dog not to jump up at people.

Morloth Tue 04-Oct-11 09:46:51

Have you tried tapping him on the nose with a rolled up newspaper and saying 'No' very firmly?

DooinMeCleanin Tue 04-Oct-11 09:47:41

YANBU at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now