Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to take DD to bounce and rhyme with a cold?

(10 Posts)
pingdriver Tue 04-Oct-11 08:07:32

DD 9 months has picked up DH's cold - is sneezing and has runny eyes this morning although doesn't seem to bad in herself (her first cold!).

We normally go to bounce and rhyme later today but I'm really not sure whether it is the done thing to take a baby who has a cold. Not sure whether other mums would appreciate us passing a cold on (probably not!), but surely there must be plenty of colds going round at this time of year and everyone kept a baby in who had a cold non of us would ever get out.

WIBU to take her?

funkybuddah Tue 04-Oct-11 08:10:48

Yanbu, its a cold.

BeyondLimitsOfTheLivingDead Tue 04-Oct-11 08:12:13

I dont think you WBU to go, but I dont think you would be U if you didnt go either grin
Obviously some people may be annoyed, but they're probably being a tad unrealistic to think they can protect their DCs from a cold. As you said, if everyone kept in babies with colds, no one would leave their house!

slavetofilofax Tue 04-Oct-11 08:22:01

You can't put your life on hold for colds. You would never go out otherwise. Think of it as boosting your dd's immune system, and that of anyne she comes into contact with.

4madboys Tue 04-Oct-11 08:23:41

god no, not unreasonable at all, its a cold! i go to toddler groups etc when mine have colds, with 5 kids if i didnt go out when one had a cold i would be stuck at home all winter!

i think toddler groups are fine, BUT if i am meant to be going to a friends house, or they coming to mine, then i will phone/txt to say btw we have a cold and then give them the choice if they still want to meet up, most say yes, but i think its better to let them know and make the choice, but toddlers is different smile

LoveBeingAMummyAgain Tue 04-Oct-11 08:26:58

It'll just be the pfb mums who might tut, I'd go if she's up to it.

CustardCake Tue 04-Oct-11 08:29:58

It depends what you mean by "runny eyes." If you mean conjunctivitis (a discharge and / or red eyes) than YABU and mustn’t go (it is highly infectious and the bugs live on things like toys for ages after being touched)

If you mean just a few sniffles then you are fine to go.

alittlebitcountry Tue 04-Oct-11 08:34:04

hmm we usually go to bounce and rhyme later today....narrows eyes and peers around suspiciously.
I think it depends - is it a full on snot fest in which case I wouldn't go, or just some odd sneezes and a sniffle when I would.

pingdriver Tue 04-Oct-11 09:25:34

more sniffles than full blown cold so we will go I think (and brave any tuts!)

PaigeTurner Tue 04-Oct-11 09:56:30

Don't worry about it, most of the DC at the last class I went to were running rivers of snot. DS didn't get a cold, but I did!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now