Talk

Advanced search

To think my neighbour shouldn't stand in her garden yelling at the top of her voice after 11pm?

(19 Posts)
YouDoTheMath Mon 03-Oct-11 21:02:28

She does this every night without fail - calling her four cats inside. Whilst she lets her dog out which barks incessantly for no reason.

I understand she wants her pets to be safe but if you happen to have dropped off to sleep, BOOM you're awake.

Why does it hot occur to some people to STFU?!

belledechocchipcookie Mon 03-Oct-11 21:05:33

No, some neighbours are selfish twonks. (I have a thread or two about mine so I feel your pain.)

YouDoTheMath Mon 03-Oct-11 21:16:23

[sympathetic emoticon]

Care to share a thread? Could do with a moany read.

purplepidjinawoollytangle Mon 03-Oct-11 21:22:18

<passes wine>

Mine have let their 3 and 2 yo children run rampage through my raspberries today, while the Mum yelled abuse at DP when he went out and told them not to touch (she was about 10 yards away, the garden areas are open plan, they already destroyed this years strawberries when they were still green) and have only just gone in after allowing their 3yo out of doors alone to chuck a tantrum on the patio at the top of the concrete steps leading to a busy main road hmm

YouDoTheMath Mon 03-Oct-11 21:25:53

Oh nice!

Makes mine sound like a very minor rant (which I know it is, they're nice people they just don't seem to think).

manticlimactic Mon 03-Oct-11 21:35:13

I remember one night after a rather exhausting day, just about to drop off at about midnight, someone down the street started shouting at her dog for barking over and over. I was not in the mood so after about 15 minutes opened the window and shouted a la fishwife 'Shuuuut the fuuuuuuuck uuuuuup and take the fucking thing inside'. Cue a round of applause from someone further up the street grin

Suckstobeme Mon 03-Oct-11 21:37:53

gringringrin @ Manti!!!

YouDoTheMath Mon 03-Oct-11 21:40:23

Ha ha ha ha manti!!!! I would LOVE to have the balls to do that!

Am sometimes tempted to SLAM the window shut, but I know I'd feel bad after.

purplepidjinawoollytangle Mon 03-Oct-11 21:40:34

Nice people should be receptive to a hint about Environmental health regulations on noise after 11pm grin

These lot are actually not as bad as the previous dealers who had thugs hired to beat them up. Except that whoever hired the thugs obviously tried to save some money because the thugs got my house instead. Took me by surprise at 3am, luckily the beating part got skipped in favour of scarpering! Now if only this lot'd actually supervise their three under 3yo's instead of swearing at them for interrupting their computer games time then I wouldn't mind them!

belledechocchipcookie Mon 03-Oct-11 22:59:35

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1304838-Spitting

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1309222-Im-taking-bets-on-whether-my-annoying-neighbour-will-move-my-bins-so-he-can-use-my-parking-space Here you go.

Saltire Mon 03-Oct-11 23:47:51

At least she's only shouting our old enighbour (well documented on here) was bonkers and used to be in her back garden singing bloody Abba songs at 1 and 2 am!

It is very annoying though, you have my sympathy

ddubsgirl Tue 04-Oct-11 08:08:28

yep my neighbour few weeks ago at 1.30am showing her friends the decking they are putting down in back garden,as loud as anything so evvvvvvveryone can here how much they are spending etc,i got up and slammed the window shut and they fucked off back inside lol!

FancyForgetting Tue 04-Oct-11 08:17:28

Another vote for passive-aggressive window-slamming here smile

I've done this in late-night pet-calling situations a couple of times and found it works a treat if the neighbours are fundamentally nice folk, just being a bit thoughtless.

OP do we have the same neighbour?? There's a woman who lives opposite(ish) to us who is always outside shouting her cats. Doesn't matter if it's 3pm or 3am she'll be outside yelling 'PUSSYYYYYYY! PUSS PUSS PUSS! PUUUUUSSYYYYYYY! GINGE! GINGEYYYYYYYY! GIIIIINGE!!'
You get the idea. She does it in this really irritating high pitched voice too hmm

maristella Tue 04-Oct-11 08:38:27

My neighbour pisses in the garden, he does it several times a day. I hate him! Hate hate hate him!

AmazingBouncingFerret Tue 04-Oct-11 08:44:06

ROFL at the thought of the woman shouting for ginger pussy to come inside.. grin

ColdSancerre Tue 04-Oct-11 08:45:06

maristella, what?

ColdSancerre Tue 04-Oct-11 08:47:50

I call for my cats every now and then, once in a few weeks probably. I just walk away from the houses to the overgrown bit he's likely to be in and sort of hiss his name. Cats have superior hearing, there is no need to shout. Either they hear you and come home, or they hear you and decide they'd prefer to carry on with what they were doing.

I swear her house is the 2nd home of 99% of cats in our area. DPs auntie lives a couple of doors down from us and has 2 cats. Manys the time i've spotted both of them heading to cat womans house when she's shouting for her ginger pussies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now