Talk

Advanced search

To think Adam Boulton is a poor journalist with his view of yummy mummys...

(9 Posts)
monkeypuzzeltree Mon 03-Oct-11 20:22:04

..he was just interviewed on sky news talking about student debt and the numbers which may default and then never pay back a loan because they earn less than 21k- he said, "well what about the yummy mummies, who go to oxbridge and then go off and have babies and never pay back a loan".

And so it's ok for men who go to university and never pay back, but heavens above never let a woman do the same because they've gone off and pro-created!

Shoddy journalism.

OchAyeTheNooPal Mon 03-Oct-11 20:26:26

The man's a twat. Didn't see the interview but he always has to put his opinion across and that makes him a crap journalist.

planetpotty Mon 03-Oct-11 20:32:25

Uuurrggh I think he just wanted to say yummy mummy! grin

EmilyMurphyLegallyAPerson Mon 03-Oct-11 20:35:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SingingSands Mon 03-Oct-11 20:37:21

Do male Oxbridge graduates not pro-create then? How peculiar confused

margerykemp Mon 03-Oct-11 20:38:32

doesn't surprise me really

we live in a mysogynistic patriarchy - it's fine to be this sexist doncha know?

Oggy Mon 03-Oct-11 20:39:16

So did he only have an issue with mothers that never pay back loans because they have babies?

Or did he also have an issue with men (and women) that never pay back loans because they spend their lives on the dole or never earn enough?

AnyoneButLulu Mon 03-Oct-11 20:40:17

Much as I loathe Adam Boulton I do know someone like that, and it would annoy me slightly to know I was paying off her debt for her. But I realise that I'm being very U indeed.

planetpotty Mon 03-Oct-11 20:45:48

Emily I know but its better than scummy mummy grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now