Talk

Advanced search

that girls tights cost so much

(10 Posts)
sarahtigh Mon 03-Oct-11 19:25:04

3 pairs of good quality opaque tights for myself about £5-6, 3 pairs for DD in size 18-24 months vary from £7.50 for just white upto £11 for colours or patterns in just regular shops even in tesco/asda they are not chea maybe just maybe you might get 3 for £6. and do not even get me started on the ones that are in some shops at £10-15 per pair. why are tights more expensive than t shirts? In "next" today pack of 4 lovely long sleeved t shirts with frilly necks for £11, tights about the same

I just think it is a rip off

PomBearAtTheGatesOfDawn Mon 03-Oct-11 19:26:56

Primark in the sales. I bought all DDs tights for this winter way back around easter time, in Primark and even some in Tesco iirc. They are so much cheaper, Primark even do single pairs that have been part of a multipack for about 50p - you just have to be prepared to rootle through a great basket of them and check them for damage.

babycham42 Mon 03-Oct-11 19:30:37

I agree Sarah.Tights expenditure for my 2 DD"s in the Autumn is dreaded.It"s crazy.

And what pisses me off even more is that they look so manky after just a couple of wears.

sarahtigh Mon 03-Oct-11 20:25:48

nearest primark 60 mile round trip, but I do look in sales but it is so annoying when you have got beautiful monsoon dress in sale for about £8 embroidered cord buttons etc, and I bet they are still not making a loss but tights are so rarely in sales as they just store and reprice next season the ones ones in sale are the pruprle and green striped ones which went with last years range, i bought those cause they look great with denim etc much better than white white look dreadful after a couple of wears but what REALLY annoys me is that if the same tights in purple in my size using 20 times the amount of fabric they would be the same price or less

TheLadyEvenstar Mon 03-Oct-11 20:40:45

I just bought DS2 some in asda in a sale 3prs for £2 grin

SexualHarrassmentPandaPop Mon 03-Oct-11 20:40:50

I get dd's from Marksies. I get all her clothes from Tesco etc but supermarket/Primark tights I've had have had to go in the bin after a couple of washes cos they were all bobbled.

TaperJeanGirl Mon 03-Oct-11 20:48:24

I have 3 girls and we dont do tights (well the 4 month old has a few pairs) but the older girls wear leggings under shorts/dresses/skirts, we buy the H&M ones, they wash really well and can get better colours, easier to pull up after going to the toilet, and harder to rip!

WhiteTrash Mon 03-Oct-11 20:50:07

Ive discovered something.

Go to Ebay and type in baby girl leggings. They'll do them in your daughters size they come up very big. They're gorgeous. And only £2.90 a pair brand new.

trixymalixy Mon 03-Oct-11 21:16:30

YANBU, I was shopping for tights for DD recently and was similarly horrified at the price. I got several packs of two tights at £2.50 each, but they're not the best quality.

maypole1 Mon 03-Oct-11 22:19:14

One word primark

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now