Talk

Advanced search

to think impure thoughts about a friend's husband

(39 Posts)
thruppence Mon 03-Oct-11 14:14:31

I know I am, but please tell me everybody does this!

I have no intention of having an affair, very happily married, lovely husband .... but for some reason he keeps popping into my head in a most improper way.

He's not even that attractive.

Is this something to worry about or just something to make mopping the floor more interesting?

sparkle12mar08 Mon 03-Oct-11 14:15:11

If it gets you through the pain that is housework....

SinicalSal Mon 03-Oct-11 14:15:31

Wouldn't worry about it, as long as it stays in your head.

sparkle12mar08 Mon 03-Oct-11 14:15:45

You can think whatever you like as long as you keep it within the confines of your own head.

BeerTricksPotter Mon 03-Oct-11 14:16:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thruppence Mon 03-Oct-11 14:16:50

I think I might!

BeerTricksPotter Mon 03-Oct-11 14:18:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 03-Oct-11 14:20:07

YANBU... Crushes are lovely no matter how inappropriate they are! When you're tired of crushes, you're tired of life.

Just don't drunkenly tell your friend about it. It makes further gatherings rather awkward <cough>

Aworryingtrend Mon 03-Oct-11 14:24:41

I have done this. A crush if that is all it is is harmless but I think you know yourself its not good when you are giving someone other than your DH too much headspace.

ChinaInYourHands Mon 03-Oct-11 14:26:20

YANBU as long as it's not my husband you're having impure thoughts about grin

Sassybeast Mon 03-Oct-11 14:28:55

Well as long as you are okay with the fact that your DH could be imagining he's with your best friend when you sleep with him it's all fine natch ?

thruppence Mon 03-Oct-11 14:29:51

That's reassuring. Thing is, he's a complete shit to her so now I feel disloyal on SO many levels.

Will keep it for mopping purposes only blush

thruppence Mon 03-Oct-11 14:30:35

No I don't think about him when having sex with DH shock

ChinaInYourHands Mon 03-Oct-11 14:31:13

Ah no, that's not my husband then...

AbsDuWolef Mon 03-Oct-11 14:34:00

Chickens - are you sharing a RL experience?

ENormaSnob Mon 03-Oct-11 14:36:39

He treats her like shit and you fancy him? confused

thruppence Mon 03-Oct-11 14:39:31

That's my problem Norma

Have no idea why - makes absolutely no sense to me either!

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 03-Oct-11 14:44:37

It's called 'Gene Hunt Syndrome'... faced with a reasonably rugged-looking man with bad taste in clothes, worse taste in one-liners and 'chauvinist' running through him like a stick of rock... and much against your better judgement, you fancy the crimplene slacks off him.

thruppence Mon 03-Oct-11 14:45:57

I fancy Gene Hunt as well grin

I'm doomed I tell ye, doomed grin

ShittyShoeBastard Mon 03-Oct-11 14:48:41

Definitely YANBU. I have a mini crush on a friend's husband. It doesn't mean anything. Just don't tell a soul about it and act normally around them. It's no worse than fancying tv people.

Come to think of it, I'd be quite flattered if it was the other way round and someone thought my husband was a bit of alright!

PattySimcox Mon 03-Oct-11 14:50:14

Oh God Gene Hunt phwoar - high hopes of macho new drama wtih him starting on thursday.

OP so long as it stays in your head then it is fine

JustinBoobie Mon 03-Oct-11 14:52:07

ooooh, I have loads of them! I love them... it has absolutely no impact on my relationship with DH who I fancy like mad.

My dreams are awesome too. grin

sittinginthesun Mon 03-Oct-11 14:52:43

Happened to me once - then the husband in question actually made a pass at me, at a very drinky party. It was the rudest suggestion anyone has ever made to me, and I ran a mile! Went right off him that second.

spookshowangellovesit Mon 03-Oct-11 14:54:16

oh god yeah, i have inappropriate thoughts about everyone. but they are just that. its harmless fantasy. it isnt going to hurt any one so i wouldnt worry about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now