Talk

Advanced search

to have taken his car and left it at the station

(17 Posts)
whatsapussycatdoll Mon 03-Oct-11 09:58:28

First time poster be nice please, also no kids at the moment.

Last night DP went out to the pub at 8 as he is on nightshift tonight (starts at 11) said he would be a couple of hours.

I txt him to say he im going to bed and to have fun at about 11, his reply was he would be back soon.

Woke up at 3am he is not there, i presumed lock in at the pub, (his mate is the barman) phoned, no answer, couldnt get back to sleep, phoned again at 4am he answers and says he lost track of time. which is totally possible.

He comes in all drunk, stinking of beer and sorry and then proceeds to fall asleep really quickly and snores really loud.So i couldnt get back to sleep because of the noise and was upfor work at 6am.

He was going to drive me to the station this morning to go to work, if he hadnt come back so late,

So i could have walked to the station about 15 mins walk but was really cold and tired due to crap sleep, so i took his car and left it at the station. since he got in at about 4:45 when should i expect a phone call to ask where the car is, as could be at 2 different stations and AIBU to not have just walked.

Also not totally convinced he didnt do this "lost track of time" thing as he constantly get hounded by his mates that he is "under the thumb" which he isnt and could have come back when ever he wanted, just slightly annoyed that he said he would be back by 12 then turned up wrecked at nearly 5am and made me feel crappy all day at work.

BluddyMoFo Mon 03-Oct-11 09:59:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Very petty of you.

I would have done exactly the same grin

He probably won't even notice it's not there (unless he has to go out later?) In which case, you get to drive it home tonight grin

If you wanted to be really mean, you could always plead ignorance for a bit and let him think it was nicked wink

No. Don't do that. It's spiteful and childish. do it do it do it grin

ScarahStratton Mon 03-Oct-11 10:01:50

I'd have done the same. He's disturbed your sleep, he's been out on the piss all night he won't be in a fit state to drive anyway. So all you've done is taken the temptation away.

I'd switch my phone off too, but then I'm evil apparently. grin

aldiwhore Mon 03-Oct-11 10:03:19

YANBU.

Good call.

MustControlFistOfDeath Mon 03-Oct-11 10:11:40

How childish grin

I would have also written WANKER across his forehead with permanent marker

didldidi Mon 03-Oct-11 10:17:31

why was he going to take you to the station anyway as it was only a fifteen minute walk? it was probably the best thing you could have done to wake you up a bit. You created yourself a bad night's sleep when you were up ringing at all hours - already suspecting where he was

HeidiHole Mon 03-Oct-11 10:24:11

excellent decision! :D YANBU

whatsapussycatdoll Mon 03-Oct-11 10:27:13

have pondered on the "how would i know where the car is" but i have his keys so he would know i have it.

Hassled Mon 03-Oct-11 10:27:49

Isn't it meant to take an hour for every unit of alcohol to work its way out of your system? So I can't imagine he'll be driving any time soon - and the hangover will still be very much present for his nightshift. Result grin.

whatsapussycatdoll Mon 03-Oct-11 10:29:21

Also i wouldnt have thought of waking him up to drive me as he would have been still drunk,

I was going to walk but was feeling spiteful. grin

ScarahStratton Mon 03-Oct-11 10:29:33

I do like the WANKER on the forehead bit

Any chance you could sneak back and do that? grin

DontGoCurly Mon 03-Oct-11 10:34:31

YANBU

The 15 minute walk will do him the world of good! Ha, sweat out the hangover! grin

whatsapussycatdoll Mon 03-Oct-11 10:42:08

sadly no, too far away. to nip back.

I didnt know if i could have got a space at work, or would have taken it there. grin

The amusing thing will be if he wants the car before i finish at 7, and has to pick up the spare keys from his parents house round the corner. where i will no doubt be bad mouthed by his dad for doing such a thing.

His dad already has a chip on his shoulder about me turning his wee boy (32) into a man, and making him do his own washing/ironing and shopping, for his own house, im not cruel. Ive just moved in and am renting my flat out.This was the deal before i stayed there more often because his dad seems to hang out at his house all the time for no reason and pisses him off.

The fact that i have taught him how to cook and he cooked dinner on thursday from scratch (following my instructions via email) was madness apparently.

whatsapussycatdoll Mon 03-Oct-11 14:49:20

update

hes got his spare keys and is picking up the car, and is really sorry and wants to make it up to me.

hmmmmm what to do.

eurochick Mon 03-Oct-11 15:18:58

Let him!

Drop heavy hints as to what you would like best by way of amends.

BelleDameSansMerci Mon 03-Oct-11 15:31:42

Dinner ready for you when you get in?

I like your style, btw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now