Talk

Advanced search

To consider putting make up on my 4yr old DS?

(17 Posts)
ihatecbeebies Mon 03-Oct-11 08:23:29

DS has his school pictures taken today, he missed out on the photos being taken in nursery so I've been excited about these ones, but on Friday in school someone hit him on the face with a door (an accident but we ended up in a&e!) and he's now got a huge bruise on his forehead. He's also got a big coldsore that I can't stop him from picking - I'm considering sticking some concealer on him to cover it all up!

MmeLindor. Mon 03-Oct-11 08:25:11

YANBU to think about.

But don't do it.

it is all part of school pics, having some where the DC have massive bruises or a tooth missing.

If you put concealer on it, it will look worse.

You could ask the photographer if he is any good at airbrushing...

CailinDana Mon 03-Oct-11 08:26:02

Why not, but just make sure it's even all over his face and don't overdo it. Personally I think I'd let him be, makes a far more interesting photo if you have a tale to tell about it!

AKMD Mon 03-Oct-11 08:26:36

YABU, minor injuries are part of being 4. Putting make-up on him will inevitably end 25 years down the line with the photo being produced at his wedding as proof of the nightmare his new wife is in for with her MIL grin

LeoTheLateBloomer Mon 03-Oct-11 08:29:11

In the school photo of me and my DSis aged 4 and 6 we were sporting matching scabs on our foreheads from recent antics. It's a talking point. Make up would also be a talking point but for not such a good reason imo.

WineOhWhy Mon 03-Oct-11 08:37:43

didn't we have this a week or 2 ago (but without the coldsore?)

ihatecbeebies Mon 03-Oct-11 08:43:49

If I put it all over his face so it was less noticeable I should put some blusher on to bring out his cheeks, then a bit of bronzer so he didn't look so washed out with the bright light, then I may aswell give him a bit of a tan - if I'm going to do it I may aswell go all the way! grin

I'm kidding obviously, I think I'll go for the airbrush idea or just accept that he'll have a shiner for his first proper photo.

I've got a school picture of my sister and myself when we were little, I've got no front teeth as they'd fell out just a few days before the picture, and my sister had fell i the park and has a huge black eye!

dribbleface Mon 03-Oct-11 08:46:36

our nursery photographer will air brush out there but only if the parent circles the mark on the proof (can you imagine the uproar if the accidently removed a favourite mole mistaking it for a bruise ) no one has taken up the offer to date! including myself when my son smashed his face up, the Photo's remind me of his unsteady toddler days!

babybarrister Mon 03-Oct-11 08:46:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MMQC Mon 03-Oct-11 08:52:54

My son had a massive bruise on his forehead for his nursery pictures at aged about 3. Or at least, I thought he did, as he went into nursery that morning with it and came home with it. No sign of it whatsoever on the pictures through, all airbrushed away! To be honest, I have enough pictures of him with massive bruises that I was quite relieved that the professional one didn't have it.

ClartyScutter Mon 03-Oct-11 08:59:22

i really am opened mouthed at the thought of airbrushing a nursery photo!!

really? they will do this?

wow, just wowshock

dribbleface Mon 03-Oct-11 09:34:15

yep she offers but usually when a child has huge graze down nose or something. like i said nobody has yet but guess others have hence the offer!

ihatecbeebies Mon 03-Oct-11 09:35:39

I spoke to the photographer, she says she can airbrush the picture if I just write on the proof what I want done smile I remember in DS's nursery when he was a toddler one of the teachers toddler DS had a big bruise on his face and she had the professional pic airbrushed, it must be quite common now to offer it.

It's not so much the bruise I'm bothered with, it's the huge coldsore, because he keeps picking at it it looks really awful so it would be good to get it hidden. (I was also kidding about the concealer lol, although it did briefly cross my mindwink)

Imnotaslimjim Mon 03-Oct-11 09:36:42

haha, I wrote this same thread just a week ago. DS had come over the handlebars of a bike and landed on his chin. He had a massive purple lump and a huge graze.

Have a word with the photographer - ours was brill, did everything she could to not have the bruise show.

And a few people have mentioned airbrushing too, so maybe ask about that. I was going to, but turned out there was no need

rubyrubyruby Mon 03-Oct-11 09:38:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ClartyScutter Mon 03-Oct-11 10:02:53

i'm still struggling with anyone wanting a picture of their DC airbrushed shock

you people do know that big advertisers are frequently pulled up for doing the same to celebs?

now this is an honest question - how far would you go with airbrushing your child's school photo?

a bruise?
a graze?
a coldsore?
too many freckles?
hair colour tweeked slightly to match uniform colour a bit better?
ah...DC has a brace fitted, shall we airbrush that out too?

ihatecbeebies Mon 03-Oct-11 10:29:12

I wonder if they could make him taller too hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now