Talk

Advanced search

Can I feed DD omelette every day?

(18 Posts)
WhoahThereCrazyHorse Mon 03-Oct-11 06:54:07

DD is 8mo and has slept through the night twice in her life - both after eating omelette for tea! After an amazingly restful full night's kip I'm wondering, WIBU to give her different omelette variations for every tea?

Gincognito Mon 03-Oct-11 07:01:24

It's fine to give eggs very frequently (personally would be happy with every day!) - unless she finds them binding.

Can I suggest reducing the white and adding an extra egg yolk? That's where the goodness is.

I do realise that your question is somewhat facetious, btw wink, it's just that I'm a fan of old-school nutrition and like to take any chance I can to bang on about it grin.

Shanghaidiva Mon 03-Oct-11 07:03:05

Are you Gwen from Gavin and Stacy?

peggyblackett Mon 03-Oct-11 07:04:29

Is your name Gwen wink?

We have 11 chickens, so my dcs eat a LOT of eggs, no harm done so far smile

rogersmellyonthetelly Mon 03-Oct-11 07:47:23

My dsis grew up on spag Bol, then age 7 changed to stir fry chicken, which she ate every day until 11 when she discovered pizza. My mother was at her wits end with her Faddy eating, but she seems to have grown up ok (now 26 and perfectly healthy) and now lectures me on my diet as she is a nurse. I only have once answer for her and it's "spaghetti bolognese"
Seriously do some more scientific research and test your theory, as long as she has a varied diet otherwise it won't harm her.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 03-Oct-11 07:52:37

In our house the magic snoozy-time, guarantee a full night's sleep food was banana... big panic if we ran out. Fibrous, fatty and protein-rich foods release energy slowly, which is probably why she doesn't wake up so soon - she's not hungry again so quickly. Eggs are fine to eat each day but, as mentioned earlier, can result in constipation in some. If that doesn't happen, keep enjoying the eggs!

CailinDana Mon 03-Oct-11 08:28:20

Yeah just watch out for constipation - I adore eggs but if I eat them I might as well have glugged PVA glue given the effect they have on me. <TMI>

TheGrassIsJewelled Mon 03-Oct-11 09:06:33

8mo DD loves omelette too, but it doesn't make her sleep through <will make mega massive banana omelette tonight>.

zimm Mon 03-Oct-11 09:53:33

Omelette every day is certainly better than stuffing her full of babyrice or rusks which some do to make em sleep through....eggs are really, really good for babies and you can out veggies in omelette too. I would do it if I could get DD to eat omelettes!

icd Mon 03-Oct-11 10:13:24

Other proteins like poached fish, tofu, minced meat should work too smile

WhoahThereCrazyHorse Mon 03-Oct-11 11:10:41

Well it seems the general consensus is that eggs are good. Am thrilled, particularly as DD has produced a massive crap this morning, indicating that constipation should not be an issue!

<bustles off to dream up more delicious variations on omelette - fritatta, tortillas, etc etc>

AisforAcorn Mon 03-Oct-11 11:12:59

Do it!

I have realised my dd sleeps best when she has calpol. But I really can't drug my toddler every night. Shame.

VenetiaLanyon Mon 03-Oct-11 11:15:32

Gincognito, I always understood that the white was better for you than the yolk?

SinicalSal Mon 03-Oct-11 11:19:03

I think that's to do with the richness Venetia, lower in calories and protein so a hit with dieters, but perfectly fine for a growing child.

Gincognito Wed 05-Oct-11 21:15:36

The white's just protein, really, Venetia, whereas the yolk is chock full of nutrients - vitamins, EFAs etc

whackamole Wed 05-Oct-11 22:19:35

Ooh yeah go for it!

I make frittata style thingies - basically pancake batter with lots of cheese and spinach (normally the frozen stuff all blitzed) - really filling and they love it! Also super easy to make and doesn't take long.

flipflopflap Wed 05-Oct-11 23:04:08

I give my DS omelette practically every day too, with different variations of veg in. His favorite is spinach, peas and cheese. It's the only thing he is guaranteed to eat and finish, as he's a very fussy eater!

ChippingIn Wed 05-Oct-11 23:09:03

If it produced results like that I'd certainly give it a go grin

Sadly you may find out it was simply co-incidence sad

On the up side, you now know she can sleep though the night!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now