Talk

Advanced search

To not like this weather

(87 Posts)
AuntiePickleBottom Sun 02-Oct-11 15:55:51

I am hating this heat and sick of people saying I shouldn't be moaning about the weather.

Looking at Xmas things when it's 25 degrees outside just don't seem right.
Hope the forecast of snow latter this month turns out true

bibbitybobbityhat Sun 02-Oct-11 15:57:15

Looking at Xmas things is not right when its only just October.

thestringcheeseincident Sun 02-Oct-11 15:58:40

Oh yes, pray that we can all turn our heating on and sit rugged up or getting rained on every school run. You're right, it's much better when it's overcast, cold and dreary.

sparkle12mar08 Sun 02-Oct-11 15:58:52

I loathe this weather, it's far too hot. Sticky, uncomfortable, sweaty, dehydrating, what on earth is there to like?!

chibi Sun 02-Oct-11 16:00:24

well i love cold, and after 10 years in the uk i am increasingly fond of overcast and gloomy

ROLL ON SNOW

BlueKangaroo22 Sun 02-Oct-11 16:01:47

I wholeheartedly agree! Too hot, ive got loads of drying to do (and no garden) baby in a vest cause even though its cloudy today its still muggy as anything. Roll on the snow...ive got a lovely all in one coat for little one to wear and i want her to use it before she gets too big!

AFuckingKnackeredWoman Sun 02-Oct-11 16:03:24

I brought all my wrapping paper last week - Never to early for Christmas crap for megrin

My dad talked about going shopping for snow boots last Wednesday. I was wearing flip-flops and sunnies, i couldn't bring myself to go

tethersend Sun 02-Oct-11 16:03:33

I hate this. I've just bought a jumper.

It makes me sick.

tethersend Sun 02-Oct-11 16:03:54

The weather, not the jumper.

usualsuspect Sun 02-Oct-11 16:06:36

tethers new jumper

Bunbaker Sun 02-Oct-11 16:09:11

You miserable lot. I love this weather.

What is so good about being cold, having to wear bulky clothes, not being able to line dry the washing, spending a fortune on heating, getting stuck in the snow.

What is wrong with you that you don't like warm weather?

Last winter's snow was a nightmare for us and I don't want to go through that again.

I loathe, hate, detest winter.

MrsBuntyCulDeSacWonder Sun 02-Oct-11 16:09:44

YABU... Especially if you come on here and moan about being cold and it snowing in a few weeks. I'll be keeping an eye out for you, AuntiePickleBottom!

It's the Christmas stuff in shops on 1st Oct thats all wrong, not the sunshine. It should be banned.

thestringcheeseincident Sun 02-Oct-11 16:10:37

Oh thank god bunbaker. I thought I was the only one LOVING the glorious sun.

I hate this fucking weather. I hate it at any time of the year but I particularly hate it when it's stealing time that is allocated to cold weather angry

<sniggers at usual>

usualsuspect Sun 02-Oct-11 16:12:00

I detest winter too .I hate standing shivering at the bloody bus stop on winter mornings and getting home from work in the dark

I hate sliding about on icy pavements

I hate my winter fuel bills

sparkle12mar08 Sun 02-Oct-11 16:12:24

Warm weather ia fine. Baking hot weather that makes me sweaty, sticky, angry and dehydrated is not fine. It's horrible.

Bunbaker Sun 02-Oct-11 16:12:38

Sadly we don't have glorious sun here today. I bet we will tomorrow when I am at work in the arctic air conditioned office that I work in.

Hey, that's an idea. Why don't all the sun haters go to my workplace instead!

Bunbaker Sun 02-Oct-11 16:13:49

Surely, there is no need to become dehydrated. Do you not have access to fresh cold water?

PetiteRaleuse Sun 02-Oct-11 16:14:15

YANBU. October is no place for 20+ degrees. Summer temps should stick to summertime.

hadagutsfull Sun 02-Oct-11 16:14:19

YABVVU! We need more of this weather! It's meant that at last I can wear the trousers and top I bought in the sale from ... Per Una! grin <dons hard hat & runs away>

Rhiana1979 Sun 02-Oct-11 16:14:43

At 32 weeks pregnant I'm hating this weather

Bunbaker Sun 02-Oct-11 16:18:07

Can I suggest opening doors and windows at the front and back of your houses. This creates a very cooling through breeze.

NinkyNonker Sun 02-Oct-11 16:18:12

I love this....in summer. I am an Autumn/winter girl and am fully ready for it.

hadagutsfull Sun 02-Oct-11 16:19:50

Ooh Rhiana I bet you are. I used to spend a lot of time lurking near the freezers in my local Tesco when I was due with DS (August baby).

GwendolineMaryLacey Sun 02-Oct-11 16:20:11

No no no YANBU, it's bloody horrible. I'm so fed up with it, I've done nothing today, nothing at all, such a waste of a weekend. Being pg just makes it worse but I hate it at the best of times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now