Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone else up that doesn't have...

(96 Posts)
TalesOfTheUnexpected Sun 02-Oct-11 03:20:21

...a small child to feed?

My son woke me up at about midnight (he's 6). Can I get back to sleep? Can I bloody hell.

Just a moan really.

CheerfulYank Sun 02-Oct-11 03:26:27

I am, but it's 6 hours earlier here.

My son has been waking up a lot too. (He's 4.) I bought him an alarm clock today and said under no circumstances is he to come into our room and wake us up until the first number is a 7. grin Exceptions will be made for bad dreams or feeling ill. smile

TalesOfTheUnexpected Sun 02-Oct-11 03:32:06

Thank you for the reply CheerfulYank.

I have a clock in my sons room that has the night stars on it, then the "sun" comes up at 7am and he knows then that he is allowed to come into my bedroom. smile

However, he has a cough and woke us both up. Of course, he's been asleep since I gave him Calpol. It's just me that is awake, too hot, bored and lonely.

ninedragons Sun 02-Oct-11 03:37:14

DH and I were talking last night, after our nightly ordeal getting DD into bed (honestly, it's like bloody whack-a-mole).

When she has children of her own, we are going to buy a fondue set so we can dip No-Doz in chocolate and give them to her DC as special smarties. That'll teach her.

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 02-Oct-11 03:41:34

whack-a-mole make me make a snorting noise.

I have a DD, full of cold and miserable. Luckily her DF has agreed to do the two weekend nights. Doesn't stop me being awake worrying.

Like CheerfulYank, I am in North America so it's still early here.

TalesOfTheUnexpected Sun 02-Oct-11 03:41:48

I've just realised I've posted this in AIBU instead of Chat.

I'm going to get flamed.

Fuck!

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 02-Oct-11 03:42:23

No one gets flamed at 3am, you're fine grin

Toffeefudgecake Sun 02-Oct-11 03:43:39

I'm up too. My son (5) has been sick seven times so far since about 5 O'clock this evening. I've been trying to sleep on the floor by his bed, but after being woken three times in the last hour, I've given up for now.

Any chance of a lie in tomorrow, Tales? I get my lie in on a Sunday morning, so at least I can catch up on sleep then.

Cheerful - <waves> Fancy seeing you here!

TalesOfTheUnexpected Sun 02-Oct-11 03:43:51

NineDragons and MrsTerryPratchett Nice to meet you (before I get my arse booted off to NetMums for not following MN rules)

Oh well, you live and learn. grin

PigletJohn Sun 02-Oct-11 03:45:24

I am because I flew back from Canada

Must reset that clock.

Toffeefudgecake Sun 02-Oct-11 03:46:04

Your son is the one being unreasonable, Tales wink. All children should have an 'off switch' so we can turn them off till a decent time in the morning.

TalesOfTheUnexpected Sun 02-Oct-11 03:48:11

ToffeeFudgeCake Sorry to hear your son is poorly. x

Lie in...LIE IN??? What's a lie in? grin. No chance I'm afraid. Single mother, 3 kids. Coughing son will be up and about at approx 5am (but won't come into my room because the clock RULES!).

He will however, lie outside my bedroom door and run a toy car up and down the door from 5am til 7am making a loud "vroom, vroom" noise.

Meh! Sleep deprivation. I've dealt with it before, I can do it again.

TalesOfTheUnexpected Sun 02-Oct-11 03:49:16

PigletJohn how was the weather?

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 02-Oct-11 03:50:36

Nice to meet you too, TalesOTU.

<Shudders at the thought of exile to NetMums>

PigletJohn Sun 02-Oct-11 03:52:59

Very warm and a bit humid though it is getting much cooler over the past few days

TalesOfTheUnexpected Sun 02-Oct-11 03:54:23

Nice to meet you too *MrsTP". I can't do NetMums. The tickers.....the sparkle.....noooooooo!

I don't do sparkle, or tickers.

Is it worth putting Sky News on? Any update on the Michael Jackson trial I wonder?

HairyGrotter Sun 02-Oct-11 03:54:43

What a Mole haha

I'm up, not because of child, because I fell asleep with child at 6pm, having spent all night out on the taaaawwwn the night before, so now wide awake!

mrstiredandconfused Sun 02-Oct-11 03:58:26

Pigletjohn i'm jealous- I adore Canada! Awake with a bad back, no kids!

TalesOfTheUnexpected Sun 02-Oct-11 03:58:39

PigletJohn sounds about the same as here. I can't wait for a break from this weather. I'm a lightweight and am sweaty and very undesirable.

HairyGrotter been there, done that. A night on the taaaawwwwn. I've got one coming up next Saturday. Woo-hoo!

TalesOfTheUnexpected Sun 02-Oct-11 03:59:43

Mrstiredandconfused. Bad back, ouch. Hope it's something curable.

CheerfulYank Sun 02-Oct-11 04:02:23

<waves back to Toffee >

It was getting chilly here today, think it was 11 your temp? Or something? But it'll be -30 before I know it and this weather will seem tropical by comparison. smile

HedleyLamarr Sun 02-Oct-11 04:03:11

Not just me then. Woke up half an hour ago, cannot get back to sleep. So I'm now drinking tea and watching the rugby. Blimey, Canada are getting tonked by New Zealand.

TalesOfTheUnexpected Sun 02-Oct-11 04:06:48

brrrrr. -30!

I've managed to find an old episode of "Thirtysomething" on Sky so that's me sorted til the kids get up

Toffeefudgecake Sun 02-Oct-11 04:08:05

Sorry you won't get a lie-in, Tales sad. Has only been a recent innovation in my household, but it's a privilege I'm keeping at all costs.

DS has just been sick for the eighth time <sigh>. Am on the last clean sheet.

mrstiredandconfused Sun 02-Oct-11 04:10:41

Unfortunately not tales - been off work for 3 weeks and mn is the only thing keeping me sane! And don't worry about getting flamed, I doubt the thread police are up at this stupid hour grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now