Talk

Advanced search

To buy a new bin so I don't have to clean the one I have now

(26 Posts)
BadDayAtTheOrifice Sat 01-Oct-11 23:15:04

I mean, its one of those 3 section, sort your rubbish into sections bin and I've neglected it for a while. It now has fudgy matter on the lid, vegetable matter on the bottom and a 'tiny' bit of mould on it.
Or am I just a lazy cow?

BatsUpMeNightie Sat 01-Oct-11 23:16:37

Just do it. Life is too short! And since when was there anything actually wrong with being a lazy cow? At it's best it's an artform!

squeakytoy Sat 01-Oct-11 23:18:59

I have that very same bin... I used it for a while and got bored.. it now has 3 sections full of empty carrier bags grin

AgentZigzag Sat 01-Oct-11 23:25:17

We got new windows because we didn't want to paint the old ones again grin

You're keeping the economy going buying a new one.

BadDayAtTheOrifice Sat 01-Oct-11 23:29:41

Thats a bit more expensive Agent!
I'm just a right old skin flint. The pissing pedal on it broke about a year ago but I hate spending money so have to justify every sodding purchase.
You have persuaded me to 'splash out'!
I fancy a single section big shiny one, very phallic looking....

mummytotwoboys Sun 02-Oct-11 01:14:42

ew chuck chuck chuck!!! life is not for cleaning stinky bins!

madhattershouse Sun 02-Oct-11 01:17:33

I have a Brabantia bin with the touch lid! Not bragging, DP got it off a chap in a jag who was about to chuck it in the waste a local tip. It was clean and everything, just slightly marked steel.

startail Sun 02-Oct-11 01:26:59

Very tempting mines awful.

I got a two section with removable inner bits in a shiny stainless steel look. It's a bitch to keep clean, the inner sections stick to the bags when you pull them out and I hate the fecker. Luckily if I ignore it long enough hubby deals with it and I told him bins were a man's job. smile

whatsapussycatdoll Mon 03-Oct-11 12:16:35

totally buy a new one.

been there before, i felt no guilt!
I have now passed on all bin responsibiltys to the OH

HeadfirstForHocusPocus Mon 03-Oct-11 12:57:36

I'd stick it in the garden and jetwash it/hose it down with a bit of disinfectant.

But I do find things like that quite therapeutic grin

BubbleBobble Mon 03-Oct-11 13:02:17

I'm another who'd hose it down, not because I wanted to save the bin, but for the joy of it.

I regularly throw things away if they get a bit manky, but money is tight and I really should stop doing it. looks at the 3 tier steamer languishing in the corner of the kitchen because it got a bit of mould on it

GirlWithALlamaTattoo Mon 03-Oct-11 13:09:25

If the pedal's broken, what more justification could you need?

We have a big silver phallus, and I'm very fond of it. Still doesn't get cleaned that often, though. blush

yummybunny Mon 03-Oct-11 13:10:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pleasethanks Mon 03-Oct-11 13:10:56

chuck. i do this sort of thing too often. and I wonder where my money goes! I do it with tupperware all the time if the stuff in it has got a bit manky.

CointreauVersial Mon 03-Oct-11 13:15:40

If the pedal is busted then you are justified in buying a new one.

But they are blooming expensive! We had to get one last year, and I could not work up any enthusiasm to spend money on such a dull household object.

Bumpinthenight Mon 03-Oct-11 13:20:15

I cleaned mine this morning - if i can do it so can you!

MinnieBar Mon 03-Oct-11 13:28:02

Oooh yes get a Brabantia. You'll never look back and the DCs will be entertained for hours opening and closing it

lesley33 Mon 03-Oct-11 14:02:32

I would clean it tbh.

bitsnbobs Mon 03-Oct-11 14:09:20

Ha ha I did this last week! I got a nice shiny new pedal bin from Tesco and took my old manky one down to the tip. Just as I was going to chuck it in before anyone saw the rancid state of it, the tip man offered to put in in for me! Was v.embarased as I legged it back to my car before I could see his face staring at the mouldy teabags blush

Crosshair Mon 03-Oct-11 14:28:09

I would buy a new one. blush

mumsamilitant Mon 03-Oct-11 14:30:38

Yep, get a nice shiney new one. I'm renound for throwing pots and pans away because I really can't be arsed to scrape them smile

cookcleanerchaufferetc Mon 03-Oct-11 14:32:33

All I can say is thanks very much as I NOW have to clean my bin .... having seens other comments and wondered what state mine was ....

... goes to johnlewis.com/bins ....

godzuki Mon 03-Oct-11 14:33:26

I once bought a new house because I couldn't be bothered to clean the old one.

mumsamilitant Mon 03-Oct-11 16:08:22

Excellent! godzuki grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now