Talk

Advanced search

to think this was really sad

(11 Posts)
BertieBotts Sat 01-Oct-11 20:35:16

I was in the park today and suddenly noticed that I could smell weed. Initially I assumed it was teenagers and was a bit cross, wondered vaguely if it was one of those bushes that can smell a bit like it, but then realised that it was a mum there with her 4 DC, one of who had to be no older than 2. She was basically ignoring the three youngest and chatting with her teenager most of the time, with the occasional glance at the toddler and a call to the middle two (who were primary age) to look after the little one.

The saddest thing was when the children were coming up to her to talk to her, ask for cuddles etc and she didn't even put the joint down, just carried on smoking it, waving it in their faces. DS moved away from the sandpit at this point and when we went back later, the smell had disappeared, until the teenager lit up what looked like a cigarette as well, but didn't smell like one either sad

I know it can be normal to some people but around children, I never thought it would be used so casually.

BeerTricksPotter Sat 01-Oct-11 20:37:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

squeakytoy Sat 01-Oct-11 20:39:57

It is more and more prevalent, and they always get my best paddington stare or cats bum face.. I hate the bloody smell of it.

BobblyGussets Sat 01-Oct-11 20:44:44

I quite like the smell of it which isn't relevant, but that is awful to smoke weed in front of children. A park isn't even an adult type pace.

Could you imagine cracking open a can of Stella in a kids park?

OP, YANBU.

yok2t Sat 01-Oct-11 20:45:43

I walked past a group of 3 people yesterday, one was pushing a pram.I wasn't really looking at them so didn't notice any of them smoking but as I passed them I walked through such a cloud of weed that one at least must have been smoking it. I was rather shocked. sad

squeakytoy Sat 01-Oct-11 20:49:08

Hmmm, the can of stella bit.. if it was two mums sharing a bottle of wine, having a picnic, would you feel the same.. grin

SpanglyGiraffe Sat 01-Oct-11 20:49:40

YADNBU how awful sad

It amazes me that people think it's ok to do that.

welliesandpyjamas Sat 01-Oct-11 20:52:08

bobbly - I did major cat bum face a few days ago when a dad picked their son from school at 2.45pm with a bottle of stella in hand hmm

DontGoCurly Sat 01-Oct-11 20:53:39

I saw a heavily pregnant woman (looked full term) hauling ass to the maternity hospital with her DP while smoking a huge spliff. He asked me aggressively what the fuck I was looking at. confused

AKMD Sat 01-Oct-11 20:57:14

DontGoCurly maybe it was medicinal grin

purplepidjinawoollytangle Sat 01-Oct-11 20:58:31

BobblyGussets, I regularly see parents drinking from tins of beer in the park at lunchtime sad

It's still a criminal offence despite the relaxation in the law on possession, though, so you'd have to be pretty fucked in the head brave to do it so blatently

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now