Talk

Advanced search

to have laughed at the old woman who fell over into the sea?

(17 Posts)
AtYourCervix Sat 01-Oct-11 18:13:15

grin

twas hysterical. big wave and whooooooosh - over she went.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 01-Oct-11 18:15:02

Swept off the promenade to her death... YABU. Caught by surprise when paddling in the shallows... YANBU More info required for judgement....

SecretNutellaFix Sat 01-Oct-11 18:15:16

Did you help her up?

Tortington Sat 01-Oct-11 18:15:54

did you push her?

FriskyMare Sat 01-Oct-11 18:17:12

Is it on youtube?? Can we all sea? (See what I did there) grin

squeakytoy Sat 01-Oct-11 18:19:02

No, you shouldnt have laughed... but I would have myself too grin

I laughed at the woman being chased by a rutting stag in Bushy Park this week when it was on the news... what amused me most was the person who went to help, made sure he took a few photos first grin

AtYourCervix Sat 01-Oct-11 18:19:12

it was my ol ma so laughter justified.

Belmo Sat 01-Oct-11 18:20:34

I'm laughing, so I reckon YANBU smile

AtYourCervix Sat 01-Oct-11 18:22:11

i was out of range to help her up.

DDs 1&2 were both within range but were laughing so much they couldn't and she floundered in the breakers and got very wet grin

AtYourCervix Sat 01-Oct-11 18:22:33

and swimming in the sea in october shock amazing!

squeakytoy Sat 01-Oct-11 18:25:24

the sea temperature stays the same all year round though really.. only changes a little bit... I would have happily dived into the sea today it has been so hot here.. but the dogs paddling pool had to suffice!

SecretNutellaFix Sat 01-Oct-11 18:27:29

seeing as it was your mother and she would probably smack you if she was offended, yanbu

earlyriser Sat 01-Oct-11 18:32:10

I thought the reveal was going to be that it was you who fell over grin

LadyBeagleEyes Sat 01-Oct-11 18:37:47

I remember pissing myself laughing when I took my mum out in her wheelchair for the first time.
I'd helped her into the wheelchair when we were getting out of taxi, turned to pay but I'd forgotten to put the break on.
She slid into a hedge.
<bad daughter emoticon>

AnnieLobeseder Sat 01-Oct-11 18:46:41

Two winters ago I took DD1 (4 at the time) sledging in my aunt and uncle's very steep garden, but forgot to teach her how to stop. She got to the bottom of the garden at high speed and disappeared into the hedge. I was pissing myself laughing and terrified she's hurt herself at the same time. She was more frightened than anything, but I felt bad for finding it so funny. But it was hilarious, and I'm giggling as I remember it and type this.

Bad mummy.

Very bad mummy...smacksmack.

alittlebitresignedtoitall Sat 01-Oct-11 19:31:25

I laughed about the old lady that rolled her disability scooter off the sea wall because she couldn't steer it. That was so bad of me but I still give a little chuckle whenever I think of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now