Talk

Advanced search

to wonder why people are so obsessed with disabled

(41 Posts)
Sevenfold Fri 30-Sep-11 21:49:35

parking today, 3 fing threads in one day!!

5inthebed Fri 30-Sep-11 21:52:37

YANBU! <gavel>

Sevenfold Fri 30-Sep-11 21:53:44

the threads are breeding, it is like snap

AgentZigzag Fri 30-Sep-11 21:54:07

Because those who have a disability are often overlooked when it comes to resources and facilities.

It's an important subject, and one people feel very passionate, and even angry, about.

borderslass Fri 30-Sep-11 21:54:10

YANBU It's getting ridiculous.

PeneloPeePitstop Fri 30-Sep-11 21:56:17

It would be nice if it was through concern about over looking.
The majority of posts do look like jealousy though.

Sevenfold Fri 30-Sep-11 21:57:30

ahh but they arn't supportive threads, or at least they don't end up that way, just the normal jealous of disabled people crap

Riveninabingle Fri 30-Sep-11 21:57:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AgentZigzag Fri 30-Sep-11 21:57:52

Am I missing something?

What's ridiculous borderslass?

That you have to keep hiding threads you're not interested in?

How tedious for you.

southeastastra Fri 30-Sep-11 22:00:06

I saw a bloke in a van pulling into one of the disabled spots today at tesco (people wouldn't dare to a year or so ago). they obviously aren't policed so people just take advantage.

it's really shitty - that's probably why there are more threads now as they aren't 'policed'

Spero Fri 30-Sep-11 22:01:15

I agree. It's outrageous. Why dont they just sit there dribbling in their wheelchairs that the government pays for, instead of cluttering up your nice active threads about really important interesting things.

I will chain myself to the doors of mums net towers in protest and salute you for bringing this out into the light. At last someone had the courage.

Sevenfold Fri 30-Sep-11 22:01:58

you only have to read the crap on the latest one, and yes I don't give a fig if this is deemed a thread about a thread, it isn't it is about people being jealous of people like my dd or riv's who can't walk and never will

borderslass Fri 30-Sep-11 22:02:12

Did I say I wasn't interested in them no, people are just spouting the usual crap and trying to justify why non disabled people/drivers are parking in disabled bays that really pisses me off.

AgentZigzag Fri 30-Sep-11 22:02:49

I hope you're suitably grateful for the way you're spoiled Riven <sarky>

LynetteScavo Fri 30-Sep-11 22:02:55

Today I parked in a disabled space while I went to the cash point. There were lots of other free disabled spaces. I told my 12 yo to move the car if anyone said anything. grin

Sevenfold Fri 30-Sep-11 22:03:48

Spero I have namechanged recently, I was so fed up with the anti sn stuff on here, it was that or leave, so I realise you don't know my background, if you did you would know that I have a dd who is severely disabeld

AgentZigzag Fri 30-Sep-11 22:04:10

I think I'm being prickly and assumed you were saying you were sick of the subject Seven and borderslass, rather than sick of the crap spouted on them.

I apologise.

borderslass Fri 30-Sep-11 22:06:05

It's ok apology accepted, I have a DS with ASD among other problems don't have a blue badge but subject close to my heart.

Spero Fri 30-Sep-11 22:06:50

Sorry, I can't be expected to know a massive back story from the simple wording of a thread title. It reads like you don't think it's interesting or important. So I reacted to that.

southeastastra Fri 30-Sep-11 22:07:46

i recognise op, it the shiteglam/metal bands she loves gives her away wink

Sevenfold Fri 30-Sep-11 22:08:04

slagging of disabled people is never interesting or important

AgentZigzag Fri 30-Sep-11 22:08:32

Me too Spero, I suppose that's a good example of how the threads go because I just expected this one to be negative.

AgentZigzag Fri 30-Sep-11 22:08:47

Thanks borderlass smile

Riveninabingle Fri 30-Sep-11 22:09:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CardyMow Fri 30-Sep-11 22:10:03

Sorry - I started one of those (the first one - was on here early today). But I started it out of shock that a council could / would start charging for blue badge parking, not to start a bunfight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now