Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that bus drivers are either.....

(11 Posts)
SexualHarrassmentPandaPop Fri 30-Sep-11 19:38:54

Really really really nice or the most miserable sour-faced cunts imaginable and absolutely nothing in between. Why?????

southeastastra Fri 30-Sep-11 19:39:51

probably cause they have to deal with people like you wink

SexualHarrassmentPandaPop Fri 30-Sep-11 19:40:36

Well yeah that explains the nice ones!

northernmonkey Fri 30-Sep-11 19:44:37

Dh is actually quite nice thanks smile he's certainly not the miserable cunt I've heard many people calm him angry
In fact ALL bus drivers I know are just normal decent people who have to do a thankless job, get paid shit and do shit hours to be harassed by the public

PamBeesly Fri 30-Sep-11 19:45:34

I've met more miserable drivers but it is difficult dealing with the travelling public!

worraliberty Fri 30-Sep-11 19:46:22

YABU

You just don't notice the ones in between

MissPenteuth Fri 30-Sep-11 20:26:22

What worra said. Nobody starts threads about the unremarkable ones.

FabbyChic Fri 30-Sep-11 20:26:39

Thank fuck I drive I say.

Most of them are fine (my DH used to be one) but it is a shit job. If you have been sworn at because you don't have change for a tenner, had a fight break out on your bus on a Saturday afternoon or have someone smoking crack at the back of the bus (I have seen all these as a passenger on buses in London) you might not be so happy by the end of the day. If you add in a bus company that treats its drivers like crap and disciplines you for running late (even when the traffic is bad) its not surprising some of them are a bit grumpy.

SexualHarrassmentPandaPop Fri 30-Sep-11 21:18:42

But it being a shit job doesn't explain the super smiley friendly ones - or are they just new?

There are some people who are super smiley whatever the circumstances lucky sods wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now