Talk

Advanced search

to be utterly cross at prats who jump traffic lights and want to chase them and leave earrings under their boonets and lipsalve on their screens?

(21 Posts)
CauldronsTrulyReign Fri 30-Sep-11 18:45:54

It seems that every set of traffic lights I wait at, I have to sit and wait for selfishers to comethtough even though my light is on green.

What the fuck is going on in their minds, the arrogant twits, is their journey more important than mine?

And will the escalation of this lead to traffic lights observance becoming optional?

AIBU to want retribution stronger sanctions on these dangerous eejits?

oneofthosedays Fri 30-Sep-11 18:48:30

I'm noticing this more and more lately tbh - it's absolutely infuriating and so dangerous and doesn't even get them that much further!!

It's the three car rule. Have you not heard of it?

Count the cars. It will always be three. Three cars will come through. The first will come through on amber their side and the following two will follow them even though it's red.

Red light doesn't count for the first 5 seconds. Were you not aware of this? grin

I have decided this must be the rule, based on years of seeing it.

BootyMum Fri 30-Sep-11 18:50:10

Why earrings under their bonnets and lipsalve on their screens?

<Don't get it>

CauldronsTrulyReign Fri 30-Sep-11 19:04:14

Herrings.

blush

I'm guessing earrings under their bonnet to create an annoying rattle that'll make them think there's something wrong with the car

and lip salve cos it's a right bugger to get off grin

HAAAAAAAA!

Chaos strikes again grin

ok. Herrings for a terrible smell then?

CauldronsTrulyReign Fri 30-Sep-11 19:05:48

That's right oneofthose, they'll be a set of lights just a minute further up the road that they'll have to stop for.

Hec, I'll do some research and check out your theory, but I reckon it will make my ears steam.

wink

LineRunner Fri 30-Sep-11 19:07:10

Herrings under their bonnets?

I have a vision of Lydia Bennet with a fish under her regency headwear now.

scottishmummy Fri 30-Sep-11 19:08:59

what's the significance of the lipbalm and earrings?
curious

almondfinger Fri 30-Sep-11 19:19:14

I go on red on a right turn near me with no filter. So it's either get barely one car around the corner per light change or just go. It's a bit(h of a junction no matter what side you come from but particularly this turn. I know it's dangerous and I usually have 2 nippers in the back. But the car can do it so I do it.

PappasGottaBrandNewChangingBag Fri 30-Sep-11 19:42:07

I've actually been honked and sworn at by other drivers for stopping at red lights because I've impeded their progress. And on several occasions I've had people drive around my stationary car (either to the left or right, depending on which way they can squeeze through) because I was foolish enough to think that red meant stop. Silly me.

worraliberty Fri 30-Sep-11 19:43:37

Have you ever started a thread without a deliberate typo, OP? grin

CauldronsTrulyReign Fri 30-Sep-11 19:46:16

I'm generallly distracted worra.

wink

worraliberty Fri 30-Sep-11 19:48:39

Every single thread? grin

It's funny, but at times it's a little too deliberate and that takes the humour away IFSWIM?

Anyway, to answer your OP...YANBU.

Break into their cars and cover their seats with chintz cushion covers.

Tossers they are.

It's very common here for the car behind to assume that you'll run the red light and nearly (or actually) rear end you.

My mum has been hit twice while waiting on a red.
The 1st time she got out all "wth were you doing?!" and the passenger said (about the driver) "well she did stop eventually"
The 2nd time the dickhead driver said "I thought you'd carry on..."
What? Why?

Plenty of shit drivers here (Leicester for anyone who wants to avoid wink)

CauldronsTrulyReign Fri 30-Sep-11 20:02:16

I shall make preview my bestiest friend, worra.

Just for you.

wink

Maryz Fri 30-Sep-11 20:02:18

Come to Ireland.

Green means think about going, slowly put your car into gear, have a look around and finish your call, then pull off very slowly leaving at least 30 feet between you and the car in front.

Orange means increase speed to get through before it goes red.

Red means put your foot to the floor to get through before the others think about going, slowly put their cars into gear etc......

I always feel sorry for English drivers who expect to go when lights go green, and have people run into the back of them when they stop on the orange hmm.

MurunBuchstansangur Fri 30-Sep-11 20:19:05

I haven't had that.

<wonders how threatening my mum-mobile actually looks>

I think a herring might cook lovely in a bit of tin foil.

An earring not so much...

BupcakesandCunting Fri 30-Sep-11 20:24:20

No, don't stop doing typos. You are famous for them and I don't care if they're deliberate or not.

Please, can we have fun without people sucking it all away? sad

YANBU, btw, bab. [wunk]

MurunBuchstansangur Fri 30-Sep-11 20:27:15

yy to the [wunk]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now