Talk

Advanced search

To send him to school?

(8 Posts)
WannabeNigella Fri 30-Sep-11 08:19:38

he has a sore throat when he coughs and a croaky voice.

He's in reception and never gets ill and I don't know what is generally perceived as being ok to send them with.

He wants to go.

AIBU to send him?

Thanks

DooinMeCleanin Fri 30-Sep-11 08:20:58

If he's well in himself and doesn't have a temperature send him. They'll soon be in touch if he's not well enough.

Does he have a fever?

If not, I'd say send him in.

I think they can't stay off every time they are less than 100%. After all, you can't call in sick from work with the minor snuffles grin so it's vital that they learn that unless you are properly ill ill, then you just have to get on with it.

aldiwhore Fri 30-Sep-11 08:22:07

If he's poorly in himself I wouldn't send him. I guess it depends on how much he wants to go, whether the teacher is fine with it (lots of bugs around at the moment) and whether you can pick him up if he starts feeling poorly later.

A day off won't harm him, but then neither will sending him in.

I guess its your call, but I don't think YABU either....

aldiwhore Fri 30-Sep-11 08:22:34

either WAY - sorry!

WannabeNigella Fri 30-Sep-11 08:23:56

No temp. I've checked that.

I can get him if I need to so might just warn teacher.

NorfolkBroad Fri 30-Sep-11 10:44:30

Hope it went ok OP. Just wanted to say though, when you do that chat with the teacher, obviously next time (!) try to tell the teacher out of earshot of your DC, which you may have done anyway!

I teach little ones and parents bring in their Dcs that are a bit under the weather but ok in themselves -no problem at all, I agree, I am a mum too and have to make these tricky judgements myself- but then say in front of the child "call me anytime if he isn't feeling well". The instant the parent leaves the child starts saying "Can you call my mum i don't feel well!"

WannabeNigella Sat 01-Oct-11 08:00:11

Thanks everyone. He was fine but wiped out by time he got home so a nice gentle weekend ahead smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now