Talk

Advanced search

Using my computer how I do create big letters (A4) size, that I can decorate and print?

(10 Posts)
bytheMoonlight Thu 29-Sep-11 20:22:50

startail gave me a wonderful idea of creating my own happy birthday banner that I could decorate using imported images.

How would I so this? What programmes on my (windows) computer would I need to use?

Upwardandonward Thu 29-Sep-11 20:27:25

If you've got MS word, try here

bytheMoonlight Thu 29-Sep-11 20:36:48

Fab link upward but I've just discovered that my new laptop doesn't come with office!

I thought they all did blush

So only have wordpad

Haberdashery Thu 29-Sep-11 20:39:54

Try OpenOffice. It does everything that Word does and is free. And it will open Microsoft files. Google for it.

HauntedLittleLunatic Thu 29-Sep-11 20:40:50

You should be able to type a letter in wordpad and change the font size till it is big enough. You may bees to type a number in the font size box cos the drop down list is unlikely to go large enough.

bytheMoonlight Thu 29-Sep-11 20:45:45

Oh yes open office!

Andrewofgg Thu 29-Sep-11 22:02:16

Anyone remember the scene in Airplane with the woman at the airport information desk answering ever more bizarre questions, ending with Should I fake my orgasms? grin

Red2011 Thu 29-Sep-11 23:10:28

You can also google 'fancy letter vectors' and find some decorative ones. I have used some on cards for family members before now...just pasted them into what I was working on.

bytheMoonlight Fri 30-Sep-11 09:47:18

Helpful Andrew - Thanks for the input hmm Always thought of being MN the place to answer any questions, strange or otherwise. But then I've been here a long time.

Thanks red -I'm going to try that now smile

Andrewofgg Fri 30-Sep-11 09:58:12

bytheMoonlight No offence intended, but your question was far from most others here . . . glad somebody else solved it, OpenOffice is good. Not as good as Office and you end up wanting the Real Thing (please note that that is a reference to computer software and not to my previous post . . . oh behave, Andrew!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now