Talk

Advanced search

to be able to lay quietly in my sick bed instead of 3 days of neighbours' bbq parties getting on my wick ?

(4 Posts)
mrsmillsfanclub Thu 29-Sep-11 14:18:24

I have been at home for the last few days with a really nasty virus. It's so bad that I have actually taken to my bed (most unlike me). My twat of a neighbour is in his 50's, newly divorced and desperately making up for lost time. He doesn't work and is on invalidity benefit for a bad back (doesn't stop him driving to the pub or sitting on a hard plastic garden share for 7 hours at a time though!)

Anyway he has lots of drunken friends who he invites round very often. I have lost count of the nights he has kept me awake till 3am, drunk in the garden, but I now dread the sunny days too as I know he will be outside with the sodding bbq and the mates swigging back lager for up to 10hrs.

I have no problem with noise usually, kids playing in the garden, lawn mowers, etc, but this is so irritating that I am considering returning to work before I am really well enough, just to get away from it.

I am being an unreasonable, virus ridden old hag aren't I ?

Shutupanddrive Thu 29-Sep-11 14:41:04

Not really, I would be annoyed too. Can you get some earplugs?

HandMini Thu 29-Sep-11 14:42:32

Could you ask him to keep it down for the next day or so, explaining that you're trying to sleep off the virus day and night? Sounds v annoying though. We have loud neighbours too.

mumsamilitant Thu 29-Sep-11 14:45:56

No, you're not being unreasonable. Don't think there's much you can do about the daytime hullabaloo but till 3am? Deffo not on! Have a word, if that doesn't help get dialling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now