Talk

Advanced search

To think this is crackers?

(10 Posts)
thefudgeling Thu 29-Sep-11 12:22:34

MIL looks after nephews (5 and 2). She asks them what they want for breakfast in the mornings. They refuse to answer so she now phones SIL at work, they tell SIL what they want, and SIL tells MIL what to make for them. his happens EVERY DAY!!! I'm right in thinking this is madness am I not?

ChocolateTeacup Thu 29-Sep-11 12:24:43

The 2 year old I understand the 5 year old is taking the mick

However, I would keep out of it unless asked smile

worraliberty Thu 29-Sep-11 12:24:48

Yep lol

Toast or cereal is what i'd offer them and if they didn't answer, that means I get to choose wink

Pandemoniaa Thu 29-Sep-11 12:27:53

As my dss used to say when very little "Don't give me chooses, it just makes me impossible".

So unless MIL is running a cafe, far better to just serve them breakfast, not a menu and especially not a menu provided third hand. If she has them most days she'll know what they eat.

Marymaryalittlecontrary Thu 29-Sep-11 12:28:02

Sounds like the kids have Grandma right where they want her! Personally I wouldn't want her looking after my kids if she can't deal with little things like that, because it would worry me that they wouldn't listen to her when out and about and could potentially run off or something.

CristinadellaPizza Thu 29-Sep-11 12:28:23

The pair of them (MIL and SIL) are allowing a five year old to dictate to them about breakfast? Good grief.

sausagesandmarmelade Thu 29-Sep-11 12:35:09

Definitely ridiculous!

MIL should just offer them what she's got...
Make them porridge or offer cereal, toast, fruit (whathaveyou).

thefudgeling Thu 29-Sep-11 12:35:09

Don't worry she's not going to be looking after my pfbds!! And I made a very noncommital noise when she told me about this yesterday. Just wanted to share! She has no control over the DNs, and it's so bad for them, their parents collude in it too though, I would tell the kids to listen to Nanny or they won't get any breakfast.

minimisschief Thu 29-Sep-11 12:35:37

Very weird. i always give a choice and if he plays up i choose for him and if he doesn't like it he knows to not play up next time.

Twattingcuntybollocks Thu 29-Sep-11 13:20:40

YANBU, that is nuts!!
Your MIL should just give then what they normally have and if they don't want it then they go hungry until Lunch. In fact personally I wouldn't even do that because I hate food to be wasted. She should ask them if they don't answer then they go hungry. Surely they will soon ask her for some breakfast once they get hungry.
What an odd situation and poor form for MIL and SIL to continue to accommodate the situation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now