Talk

Advanced search

Taking DD to Chessington World of Adventures today

(13 Posts)
EmmalinaC Thu 29-Sep-11 08:38:33

DD1 have 4 teeth removed under general anaesthetic yesterday. We were advised she might need a day off school to recover so I wrote to the headteacher who authorised the leave. She's in Year 1 btw.

Today she is absolutely fine but has said she would prefer not to go back to school until tomorrow - she is still taking Calpol and has to gargle with salt water three times a day - so this seems fair enough.

Some friends are taking their 2 year olds (same age as my DD1) to Chessington today.

AIBU to take DD1 along for a treat?!

I've never kept her off school before (she had 100% attendance in reception yesr) so I really don't know how naughty this is!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ThePumpkinKing Thu 29-Sep-11 08:41:10

If the day off has been authorised, it's up to you what you do with it.

I can't see any reason not to take her.

Have fun!

NestaFiesta Thu 29-Sep-11 08:43:22

YANBU.  She is convalescing- doesn't matter where as long as you are looking after her! A day trip will help her morale and help her recover.

4ForksSake Thu 29-Sep-11 09:59:44

Just be careful with the holes where the teeth were healing. I had wisdom tooth out (not under GA) & had to be careful for 24 hours so I didn't knock the blood clots out of the holes so would be bit wary of taking her on rides. Other than that, I wouldn't worry about taking her out for the day.

2rebecca Thu 29-Sep-11 10:31:40

Agree with avoiding any rides with G forces, but most of those are for older folk anyway. Stick to the zoo and slow rides and she'll be fine.

redskyatnight Thu 29-Sep-11 10:34:19

I wouldn't. She might feel worse later (I did when I had teeth out - fine in the morning, wiped out by afternoon). And you know she is going to go to school and tell everyone where she went today and school will think that you lied on your original request?

AuntieMonica Thu 29-Sep-11 10:36:24

I'd take her too, it's a gorgeous day and the sunshine alone will help her feel better.

she might get really tired though so don't let her overdo it, and make sure drinks aren't too cold for her gums.

worraliberty Thu 29-Sep-11 10:37:05

It depends on how far away from Chessington you live and if you can get her home quickly if she becomes poorly.

When you were advised she may need a day off school, it was obviously so she could recover.

EmmalinaC Thu 29-Sep-11 15:28:20

Thanks for the replies - I took her and she had a lovely day! We live very close so could have been home in 20 minutes if she'd had enough.

A lady in the shop asked nosily if it was an INSET day and before I could answer Elsa opened her mouth to show her the holes!

She's taking the teeth into school tomorrow to show her teacher - if she also tells them she went to Chessington I can't imagine they'll be too appalled. Will they?!!

Sooooo nice to be at Chessington when everyone else is at school though - no queues at all smile

worraliberty Thu 29-Sep-11 15:31:20

They might be more reluctant to authorise absence in future if they find out but then again, you can't encourage her to lie.

Glad you had a good day though smile

The lady in the shop could possibly have been about to warn you there were truant officers on site as there so often is at theme parks/other attractions.

Is her mouth any better?

EmmalinaC Thu 29-Sep-11 15:37:52

Truant officers at theme parks? shock How cunning!

Groovee Thu 29-Sep-11 15:41:42

We were on holiday in England when the scottish schools were off and a truancy officer approached us and asked why the children weren't in school. I was not amused and he wasn't too happy at being told that we were on holiday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now