Talk

Advanced search

To think that swearing doesn't show a lack of imagination

(11 Posts)
pyjamasinbananas Wed 28-Sep-11 20:20:12

Just been looking at the favourite mn expressions and there is no way that anyone can say that swearing shows lack of imagination!! Some of them are fuck cuntingly fabulous....

MogTheForgetfulCat Wed 28-Sep-11 20:23:49

That is such a tired old argument, that swearing is indicative of lack of imagination/limited vocabulary etc., invariably put forward by total cuntweazles. I have a PhD in English and a very extensive vocabulary, and a very overactive vivid imagination. I still swear. Sometimes a good 'Fuck' is, simply, required (as it were).

MogTheForgetfulCat Wed 28-Sep-11 20:24:15

Oops, so YANBU grin.

AgentZigzag Wed 28-Sep-11 20:24:33

I'm not going to be totally predictable like the other posters grin and swear like a trooper, but I was thinking about this yesterday.

I swear all the time when there are no DCs about, but I don't have any problem with saying what I mean, the swearing isn't because I don't have anything else to say.

It's like putting stuff in italics or bold, and talking is a bit flat between adults without it (in certain circumstances).

And in those circumstances, it is big, and it is clever.

pyjamasinbananas Wed 28-Sep-11 20:25:06

Well I do like a good fuck

Apologies, I couldn't resist grin

StellaAndFries Wed 28-Sep-11 20:25:35

It's all bollocks grin wink

PersonalClown Wed 28-Sep-11 20:25:49

To quote Billy Connolly... 'they say it's a sign of limited vocabulary. I don't. I know about 127 words and still prefer Fuck'

The man is a genius correct! grin

MrsLevinson Wed 28-Sep-11 20:49:26

What Agentzigzag said.

I have a terrible potty mouth but I feel it enhances the language and I usually struggle to find suitable non sweary alternatives.

ScarahStratton Wed 28-Sep-11 20:51:05

Some of the sweary posts and sayings on here are incredibly inventive. I have learnt so much since joining. grin

AgentZigzag Wed 28-Sep-11 21:12:25

Definately Scarah, my esp favorites from MN would be fuckwittery and fugly, and from RL I particularly enjoy using 'scrote' to describe the fugly fuckwits who make other peoples lives a total misery.

BoastingByStealth Wed 28-Sep-11 21:16:23

I love a good @fuck' myself, sometimes it is the only thing that willl do.

I find it cathartic when I'm pre menstrual

My vocabulary has certainly grown since joining MN, but I'm always open for further education....where is this "favourite expressions" so I can study?? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now