Talk

Advanced search

For DH to have next week off

(5 Posts)
gluttom Wed 28-Sep-11 16:45:24

Am 40 + 3 weeks pregnant and struggling with my other dc who ate 2 and 3. DH says he had already tied up a lot of loose ends at work and handed stuff over in preparation for paternity leave and could take annual leave next week if baby not here - have it the other way round to how we planned it which was 2 weeks paternity leave and then 1.5 weeks annual leave. I really need and want him to as feel very low at the moment and lack any motivation or patience with the kids - not sure if it is impending depression or end if pregnancy desperation. However is this foolish as life will surely be more difficult after baby than now. Arghhh

AMumInScotland Wed 28-Sep-11 16:48:37

I think if you feel you'd benefit from him being home now, then you should go for it. Life with a new baby may not be any harder than life heavily pregnant, specially with other kids to cope with.

AngryFeet Wed 28-Sep-11 16:52:16

Is there noone else who could come and help you instead? You will appreciate his help more when the baby comes I think.

gluttom Wed 28-Sep-11 16:58:00

No other help I'm afraid - didn't really expect to go overdue so now am past that date I am desperate - they a full on very active little boys. He would work on we'd and thurs as they go to all day nursery then. Hopefully will be induced on thurs or fri at 40+10 anyway as per hosp policy so really only 2 extra days off.

zimm Wed 28-Sep-11 18:42:45

What about if took 2 half days instead so you'd get a rest on those days but he'd only fo through 1 day of leave?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now