Talk

Advanced search

to make DS1 pay for his own swimming goggles

(5 Posts)
shuffleballchange Wed 28-Sep-11 13:56:40

We go to a timeshare pool once a week. DS1 was messing about after we all got out last week and threw his goggles back in the pool. He is generally a pain in the arse when its time to get out, nude laps of the pool, throwing wet trunks around etc. I refused to go back in for them as was already dry and feeding DS2. On going again this week the goggles were not in the lost property box so I assume someone has taken them. DS1 is 6. I have now bought him some new goggles but think he should pay with money from his piggybank (he gets £1 a week from his Gran). Is this a bit harsh? I know silliness and naughty behaviour is very much part of being a little boy, but he does need to learn there are consequences. I just dont know, what would you do?

bluelaguna Wed 28-Sep-11 13:58:34

Maybe use this as a warning and tell him next time he will have to pay?

worraliberty Wed 28-Sep-11 13:58:50

No, not harsh at all.

In fact I would have stopped taking him swimming as soon as he started the playing up...telling him I'll only take him again when he learns to behave.

RoseC Wed 28-Sep-11 14:20:51

YANBU. At six he doesn't need the pocket money for anything vital and it will teach him a lesson - if telling him off at the time didn't work then this might get through to him.

ExitPursuedByaBear Wed 28-Sep-11 14:24:56

My DD is nearly 12 - she has just lost her new calculator for school and wants me to buy her a new one. I have suggested she uses her birthday money. I am feeling mean but trying to stand my ground.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now