Talk

Advanced search

in thinking you're a fucking mad idiot if you use botox?

(154 Posts)
kerrymumbles Wed 28-Sep-11 12:46:49

Watched a documentary on TG4 last night (Irish). dear god.

there are no long-term studies on the effects of injecting the deadliest nervine toxin into your freaking face! It has been proven (in rats) that the proteins spread out into the brain. ffs.

They were showing schools where they were teaching students how to inject botox into decapitated heads [vomit].

get a bloody face lift if you must but stop injecting this shite into your faces

lecture over

EricNorthmansMistress Wed 28-Sep-11 13:04:16

YANBU it's bloody stupid and mad and looks like shit. When you say 'decapitated heads' you mean...?

aldiwhore Wed 28-Sep-11 13:05:02

I used to feel the same, but have to admit, out of the few people I know who've had it done, most of them do look fantastic and have all had good experiences.

Not something for me, personal choice and all that.... as a smoker, I can't really preach about deadly toxins to anyone!

ElderberrySyrup Wed 28-Sep-11 13:05:53

I agree it is a crazy risk to take, I wouldn't.

kerrymumbles Wed 28-Sep-11 13:05:56

i mean exactly that. I was shock

dh says they must have left their bodies to science or something shock

Upwardandonward Wed 28-Sep-11 13:06:04

I agree about cosmetic uses; the medical ones seem more valid.

kerrymumbles Wed 28-Sep-11 13:07:42

you can watch it here

in irish but subtitled

EricNorthmansMistress Wed 28-Sep-11 13:08:43

nicole
Kyles
Meg Ryan
and representing the fellas - Christian Slater

Wankers all.

GetOrfMo1Land Wed 28-Sep-11 13:08:49

My SIL had botox for Bell's Palsy in the early 80s, it helped in her case and there have been no long term effects. It has been used medically in the face for years.

I have had botox in my forehead because I am vain. It works and I don't look vile, the oppostie in fact.

<shrugs>

I am not a mad idiot though, not this week. grin

YankNCock Wed 28-Sep-11 13:10:12

I know someone who actually gives the injections. I assume maybe she's had it done herself. She does look fantastic, at least 10 years younger than she really is.

I still wouldn't though.

EricNorthmansMistress Wed 28-Sep-11 13:12:18

Real heads? shock

kerrymumbles Wed 28-Sep-11 13:12:55

erm Slater looks like shite....

kylie - shock

kerrymumbles Wed 28-Sep-11 13:13:23

REAL heads.

watch it.

Florsceal actually does some amazing documentaries

GetOrfMo1Land Wed 28-Sep-11 13:14:34

haha at Christian Slater grin

Mind you, the pics of Kylie, Nicole and Meg look more like over use of fillers etc, rather than botox on its own.

abcdangel Wed 28-Sep-11 13:14:48

Up to them what they spend their money on.

EricNorthmansMistress Wed 28-Sep-11 13:15:07

GOML in medical cases the benefit is likely to far outweigh the risk - like any medical treatment as nothing is risk free. To have it in order to smooth out your forehead seems...well. Let's say I think it's a risk too far for a pretty face - I bet you'd be just as pretty without it, and I truly believe that 40/50+ women with smooth faces look completely shit and much prettier with a few wrinkles.

ElderberrySyrup Wed 28-Sep-11 13:17:07

The research about how it can reduce your emotions and ability to recognise other people's is interesting too. Another reason why I wouldn't.

EricNorthmansMistress Wed 28-Sep-11 13:18:31

Hahahaha what the actual fuck happened to the link of Christian Slater? I am actually Lolling at that, it genuinely was a link to a pic of him!!! Hang on...

AKissIsNotAContract Wed 28-Sep-11 13:18:39

I do Botox. When I was training we practiced on living people. Where on earth is there a training school that would teach on decapitated heads? There's no point in that when there are so many people happy to have free Botox done by a trainee (remember they will alreay be a doctor/dentist/nurse) and also you need to see how the muscles move to know what you're doing.

GetOrfMo1Land Wed 28-Sep-11 13:19:27

I had mine for a mix of vanity and in an attempt to try and stop the near enough permanent tension headache I had - I spend all day looking at drawings and spreadsheets, and had a permafrown, which combined with short site gave me the headaches, and a permanent frown line. It was getting me down a bit, I looked (and felt) ghastly, so decided to give botox a go, and it has worked a treat.

I don't look like the Bride of Wildenstein, I just look normal and not a miserable frowner for the first time in years.

EricNorthmansMistress Wed 28-Sep-11 13:19:36

here he is! Maybe...

GetOrfMo1Land Wed 28-Sep-11 13:20:23

lolol at Christian Slater - did you not mean to link the pic of the turd, Eric? grin

kerrymumbles Wed 28-Sep-11 13:21:29

goml do you not worry that it is spreading into your brain?

and what the ultimate repercussions are for that?

it's not something you can get rid of afaik.

what is treatment for botulism?

GetOrfMo1Land Wed 28-Sep-11 13:22:02

Blimey.

I don't get the dr spoc eye lift effect either, thank god like Fiona Bruce

AKissIsNotAContract Wed 28-Sep-11 13:23:29

There are lots of examples of people in the media who have good Botox. Elle Macpherson's looks fantastic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now