Talk

Advanced search

to not be thrilled I have free daytimes and jump right in to my big child-less plans?

(4 Posts)
throwawayforthisone Wed 28-Sep-11 10:39:40

DS3 was just offered a full-time nursery place. There are only 16 (out of 36), and no movement this year as there isn't a January intake into reception. So when we were told he had a part-time place I made plans expecting to have him with me from 12-3.30 daily.

He's only just 4 and still my baby.

But there's loads of reasons this is great - I want to learn to drive, the house needs a lot doing after water damage over the summer, I have been toying with the idea of training in TESOL. I've been a SAHM for 6 years and have been looking forward to doing stuff for me again.

DH can't believe I haven't booked a driving course etc already. I feel at a bit of a loss though and am having a hard time wanting to throw myself into life without DCs for most of the day. I want to give it a few weeks to make sure DS3 is settled, to get used to this free time etc.

Bur everyone seems aghast I'm not doing something more productive. AIBU?

bluelaguna Wed 28-Sep-11 10:42:38

YANBU - my youngest has just started preschool nursery and I still have plenty to fill the day. I do think there is a period where things "stabilise" and then you can do stuff. Driving lessons can be booked up with a zero wait time so there is no need to get them booked already.

slavetofilofax Wed 28-Sep-11 10:51:45

YANBU, but you will get used to it, and I promise it won't be long before you are thinking you could do with an extra hour just to finish whatever you were doing.

There is no sense in sitting around doing nothing all day though, there is nothing at all to stop you from looking into your driving course.

Nowtspecial Wed 28-Sep-11 12:30:08

By the time you have walked home and done all the house and 3dc tidying stuff it will be time to walk back to pick him up, or maybe that was just me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now