Talk

Advanced search

To send DS to boarding school?

(9 Posts)
DontCallMeFrothyDragon Tue 27-Sep-11 23:31:00

Earlier today, a rather tedious, poorly written song was greeted with enthusiasm from DS (aged 3). A little investigation, and I've found out it's Matt Cardle's latest single. Matt, who I've yet to forgive for what he did to "Many Of Horror" on the X Factor.

WIBVVVVVU to send DS to boarding school, in the vain hope they can put this unacceptable liking behind him? grin

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Wed 28-Sep-11 02:20:11

YANBU but your ds is 3? You've left it too late for Eton - you should have enrolled him before you started ttc.

Maybe a minor public school will take him when he's 7 but a cheaper alternative may be to bin any radios in your home and, if you can't bring yourself to forego the dubious joys of the box, keep the tv on mute so that his young brain stands less chance of being corrupted.

Or volunteer his services for your local church choir? Mind you, that route might find him appearing on Songs of Praise which, from what I've seen of it, seems to be an ecclesiastical rival to X-factor.

CakeForCharlie Wed 28-Sep-11 03:09:23

I liked Matt's version of Many Of Horror better than I liked the original.

<hides>

DontCallMeFrothyDragon Wed 28-Sep-11 10:58:24

Izzy, I've kept all radios turned off for the past 3.5 years, just to be on the safe side, and raised him on proper music. This... Is a nightmare! What kind of mother am I?

CakeForCharlie, I've reported you for spam... How dare you, you sick... Sick person... grin

pyjamasinbananas Wed 28-Sep-11 11:13:32

What I've done is put all the music they're allowed on my phone and randomly play nirvana and others throughout the day. DS used to fall asleep to enter sandman!!! Not sure it was meant to be a lullaby

DontCallMeFrothyDragon Wed 28-Sep-11 11:21:10

Unfortunately, we were round a friends when we came across this monstrosity. My ears are still bleeding, and I woke up in a cold sweat last night. This is wreaking havoc with me. sad Should I just put ear plugs in his ears next time we go out? What if he starts expressing a fondness for Glee? I can't take this...

peggotty Wed 28-Sep-11 11:23:16

Aw poor Matt. Poor matt's hat. Actually, does he still wear it even?

DontCallMeFrothyDragon Wed 28-Sep-11 11:28:33

Poor Matt? You mean poor Frothy...

No idea on the hat front. Didn't that get lost in the makeover?

MrsBuntysSunnyCuldeSac Wed 28-Sep-11 11:30:50

Matt Cardle = YAWN. Could there be a man more dreary?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now