Talk

Advanced search

School event meet the teachers tea and cake.

(7 Posts)
LargeGlassofRed Tue 27-Sep-11 21:31:45

Dd2's school held a meet the teachers thing today for new year 3 starters, the letter asked if the children could bring in cakes for the event.
Dd2 spent ages making and decorating cakes and was very excited.
Anyway today school hall set up with two huge tables full of fairy cakes and at the back of the hall value buiscuits on plates.
The head kicks it off and said the cakes are for the adults only and the biscuits at the back are for the children!!
I think that's awful!
Dd was really looking forward to sharing the cakes she'd with her friends.

Am I being unreasonable? Is this the norm?

weevilswobble Tue 27-Sep-11 21:39:08

Thats horrible. I totally agree with you. Tell the teacher to stick their value biscuits up their arse.
Of course the children want to participate and share and feel proud. Grrrr i so feel for your DD, they get sooooo involved when baking and icing cakes.
DD was out playing on Sunday when i made cakes for the week, when she came in she said 'really sorry i wasnt here to help you Mummy' smile

LargeGlassofRed Tue 27-Sep-11 22:12:52

Bless her, I know,
Did rant to head as I was leaving and he said it wasn't his decision! Then chased after me and said LGOR your Dd can have a cake if she wants.
I said that was hardly the point and we were off home.
Think I'm already down as a trouble maker :-) !

Carrotsandcelery Tue 27-Sep-11 22:16:59

Apart from anything it doesn't sound very friendly and sociable, which was presumably the main point of the evening.

Well done for making your opinion heard LGOR - it might help in the future even though it didn't help your dd share her cakes tonight. sad

worraliberty Tue 27-Sep-11 22:17:52

I'd love to meet the teacher's tea and cake

Couldn't promise I wouldn't consume them mind grin

PomBearAtTheGatesOfDawn Tue 27-Sep-11 22:18:30

Our school did this once when they served tea and biscuits to the adults, but not to the children. I immediately took 3 biscuits and gave one to each DC to make the point and the "pourer" said "that's what you're supposed to do, it's the stupid rules that say we can't give the children biscuits" confused

weevilswobble Wed 28-Sep-11 04:38:29

So if the rules might be somrthing to do with the enormous dangers of home cooking to children then they should either not ask for home baking or make it clear that that is the policy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now