Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think there is something mildly sinister about the Disney Store?

(18 Posts)
Argos Tue 27-Sep-11 20:51:58

As in the incredibly expensive junk, full on in your face advertising, high heels for kids, Creepy models & eerily happy staff? need I go on?

worraliberty Tue 27-Sep-11 20:52:53

Lol at your nickname...are you going to slag off all the competition? grin

Andrewofgg Tue 27-Sep-11 20:53:50

YABU. They don't round the customers up at gunpoint.

Argos Tue 27-Sep-11 20:54:20

I'm sure they would if they could

ihatecbeebies Tue 27-Sep-11 20:54:22

Are you senior management for Argos trying to put us off shopping in the Disney store so you'll get more business? hmm

pyjamasinbananas Tue 27-Sep-11 20:54:32

Tis scary. And expensive. And freaking annoyingly happy and cheerful. Haven't seen the high heels for girls though DSD has dressing up plastic heels but she's not allowed to wear them out the house!!

StrandedBear Tue 27-Sep-11 20:54:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ihatecbeebies Tue 27-Sep-11 20:55:24

Oops xpost with worra, I must be a slow typer!

StrandedBear Tue 27-Sep-11 20:55:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Argos Tue 27-Sep-11 20:55:35

Yep, they are stealing all our toy customers and we (Argos) have taken to mumsnet to tell you all how shit they are!

HeidiKat Tue 27-Sep-11 21:02:37

The disney store hasn't been the same since they stopped having the massive pile of teddies at the back of the shop.

ihatecbeebies Tue 27-Sep-11 21:07:05

All the staff in the Argos's I've been in all look very depressed and act like they hate their job, maybe your staff could take some tips from the Disney store?

troisgarcons Tue 27-Sep-11 21:10:17

Of course its sinister - its got a bloody 12 foot frigging mouse in it.

BeyondLimitsOfTheLivingDead Tue 27-Sep-11 21:12:35

My DH used to work for the disney store. He got to play with demonstrate toys all day!! envy

pigletmania Tue 27-Sep-11 22:21:48

I love the Disney Store, but its just overpriced tat really. DD 4.5 likes to go there and look at the mini princess castle they have in there, and the drawing section, but we do come away empty handed as its so expensive. The America one is so much cheaper though.

rhondajean Tue 27-Sep-11 22:31:05

Disney is evil, and the world view of females is awful and of course we dont have anything in the house from there.......lalalala......

I do think its a bit much that everything for girls in there is pink and shiny, but I kinda find it hard to object too much - apart from the Americanism of everything including Winnie The Pooh!!!

LetThereBeRock Tue 27-Sep-11 22:32:40

YABU though I did find it a tad creepy that they had a Disney store in the Disney village at Disneyland Paris. The whole place is a giant Disney store!

JarethTheGoblinKing Tue 27-Sep-11 22:34:58

Thankfully the people of Oxford are not Disneyphiles and our one shut down ages ago. It was a horrible place

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now