Talk

Advanced search

Do you think Im depressed and in denial?

(8 Posts)
littlemisssad Tue 27-Sep-11 20:30:00

My life is generally great have two beauiful ds's and a great dp but recentley had to reshuffle childcare,saving to move,saving for a wedding and I have started to get down and its really started to affect me,and those around m,to the point I cant be bothered with the effect of saving and arranging a wedding.

Im tired,moody,snappy,no patience with people or my children ,angry all the time,paronoid about not being a good mum ,wanting to please everyone but making myself miserable in the process.

I have previously avoided going out with friends,I sometimes drink alone or drink more than I should but not to the point of being drunk,just so I can sleep as i'm having major problems sleeping.

I am hardly eating somedays or overeating and I dont know where my periods have gone to, and Im in pain everyday with my back should I go to the doctor.

cestlavielife Tue 27-Sep-11 20:31:45

yes you need to go to the doctor

misdee Tue 27-Sep-11 20:32:11

see your GP.

Allboxedin Tue 27-Sep-11 20:34:27

I would say more stress/anxiety at the moment but if left to boil it can easily deteriorate into a downward spiral of depression.

littlemisssad Tue 27-Sep-11 20:38:57

Thank you for the replys I will speak to my doctor asap and explain everything thanks for listening it means alot.

rhondajean Tue 27-Sep-11 20:43:36

Dont shoot the messenger here but, have you done a pregnancy test?

You are under a lot of stress but I remember feeling hellish at the start of both my pregancies before even the morning sickness kicked in, so if your periods are playing up, better safe than sorry. And yes definitely go to the doctors, and try to get some space for yourself too.

Allboxedin Tue 27-Sep-11 20:48:42

They might give you a questionaire littlemiss which will give them some idea of what is going on in your head iykwim? Good luck x Also mention not being able to sleep.

littlemisssad Tue 27-Sep-11 21:07:21

Thanks everyone and to Rhondajean I will do a pregnancy test! if af has not arrived this weekend ,and thanks for the info Allboxedin,I will mention the sleep part x.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now