Talk

Advanced search

I don't want this woman as DS' key worker

(11 Posts)
pyjamasinbananas Tue 27-Sep-11 14:02:42

DS has been going to MIL nursery since January. He loves it and most of the staff are brilliant. We had some concerns he was showing signs of ADHD/AS and voiced it with nursery. Found out from a friend who works there that a member of staff had said 'if I fed my child shit and let him get away with everything then they'd have ADHD too'
Put in a complaint and this woman has blanked me since but the next group for DS to go into is hers. AIBU or unfair to DS to say to MIL I don't want him changing groups if he is going into hers? He doesn't eat 'shit' incidentally and all I let him get away with is chattering and being a bit hyper when I pick him up as he's excited to see me and DD

BeerTricksPotter Tue 27-Sep-11 14:09:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pyjamasinbananas Tue 27-Sep-11 14:13:03

She's the deputy manager. So angry that she speaks about children like that!! DS is a PITA at times I'm not being all PFB about him but she fucked me right off!! I'm on edge now at pick ups that DS will do/say something and there will be that judgey look. Although he stabbed her with a toy kitchen knife yesterday (being a pirate not a yob grin) and I had to hide and giggle a bit.

valiumredhead Tue 27-Sep-11 14:13:10

I think your friend is being U actually, no way should she have passed on what her colleague had said, it doesn't matter what was said! Very unprofessional imo.

valiumredhead Tue 27-Sep-11 14:14:03

Your MIL owns the nursery? Have you discussed this with her?

Chundle Tue 27-Sep-11 14:14:41

God I hate people like that! My dd has ADHD and with excitable kids you have to pick your battles you can't jump on them everytime they get excited! My dd is like a rubber ball bouncing off Walls constantly!!
Tell them firmly that she is not to work with your ds as she clearly has no sympathy and understanding for SN whatsoever

Chundle Tue 27-Sep-11 14:15:42

Lmao that he stabbed with a toy knife he clearly has her card marked smile

pyjamasinbananas Tue 27-Sep-11 14:17:10

Nursery don't think his behaviour is a problem. So I think he must just be naughty rather than SN which of course makes me feel worse that I thought there was something wrong and it was just me being crap!!
Spoke to MIL she had words with the woman but they're quite good friends

Miette Tue 27-Sep-11 14:19:03

I was with you right up until you said "he stabbed her with a toy kitchen knife yesterday (being a pirate not a yob grin) and I had to hide and giggle a bit."

Chundle Tue 27-Sep-11 14:21:03

I think it's hard to tell in nursery age kids whethe they are just naughty or not or whether they are just lively! Kids this age are so full of beans and it should be embraced by the bursery

pyjamasinbananas Tue 27-Sep-11 14:29:00

Miette- she stabbed him back with it. Am
I missing something here? He was role playing being a pirate as he does most days from his current Peter pan obsession. It was funny as she is such a snooty bitch tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now