Talk

Advanced search

To not want my dds brother and his mum to come and stay

(9 Posts)
twoteens Tue 27-Sep-11 13:49:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mumsamilitant Tue 27-Sep-11 13:54:31

Not if you feel uncomfortable about it. Could she drop off and pick up?

twoteens Tue 27-Sep-11 14:00:44

Hassled Tue 27-Sep-11 14:07:41

She sounds nice and like she needs a friend. And you seem to like her and she is mother to your DCs' sibling. I don't really understand the problem - what's too close for comfort? You've moved on, she's moved on (whether by choice or not), but you have DCs who will hopefully always have a bond, and that's important for them. In your shoes I think I'd give it a go. If it's the weekend from hell then at least you know you've tried.

pearlym Tue 27-Sep-11 14:58:48

why not? the child is your dds' half brother and f you want themn to have relationship, then you will need to at least give this a go. are you sacred of what ex h might say?

twoteens Tue 27-Sep-11 15:41:07

HerHissyness Tue 27-Sep-11 15:47:43

She may have suffered as you did. perhaps both of you having his in common can help you both recover from it.

If it's only a weekend and you have all been friendly enough, then tbh, it's 23 nights and 3 days MAX.

Give it a go.

mumsamilitant Tue 27-Sep-11 16:02:01

If you explained that you felt a little awkward couldn't she come up and stay in a B&B? So you could just go out and do stuff with the kids together?

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Wed 28-Sep-11 12:19:09

do it for your girls , They will appreciate it more than you know , Surely it wouldnt be that long as on ther Sunday she has to travel home and even on the Friday she has to get to yours ,she might not even set off untill the Saturday morning . Try it the once as she has been good to your girls and just that alone it would be a nice thing to do .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now