Talk

Advanced search

To think that a delivery company might give you chance to open the frony door before they drive off?

(14 Posts)
Mollymom Tue 27-Sep-11 13:31:51

Knock on the door-I went to kitchen to get keys to open front door, open front door to see delivery van drive off. Its not good customer service to not give customers a chance is it?

belledechocchipcookie Tue 27-Sep-11 13:35:30

It's harsh of them, I'd have shouted for them to hold on a second though.

Mollymom Tue 27-Sep-11 13:39:44

Double glazing and kitchen is a back of the house (not a very big house tho) so they prob wouldn't have heard me. they didn't leave a card like they should have either

eaglewings Tue 27-Sep-11 13:40:37

YANBU to be upset they didn't give you time to open door

YABU to keep your keys in the kitchen. I've just had to talk this through with my dad. If there is a fire in the kitchen and the front door is your only escape how will you get out the house quickly?

We have put a hook near the frontdoor that is hidden from view of any one outside the house, so it is quicker for him to open the door if necessary and he is still safe from break in

Just a thought

Mollymom Tue 27-Sep-11 13:52:13

Good point about where to keep keys. What do people do if they can't move fast or if they happen to be upstairs? They literally knocked toe door then drove off

TheGrassIsJewelled Tue 27-Sep-11 16:47:55

YABU. Don't you know they are trained in the art of knock-a-door-run? That's why we pay delivery charges. Their courses (and FedEx are the experts) also include Surly Attitude Development and Filling out the Card: do it illegibly if you really must.

JeanBodel Tue 27-Sep-11 16:55:55

I've had to resort to a notice stuck to the door.

'I am in the house waiting for my parcel. Please do not take it away!'

It works. But I totally agree that it shouldn't be necessary.

QuietNinjaFotherMucker Tue 27-Sep-11 18:00:47

Arseholes. Just that.

RoxyRobin Tue 27-Sep-11 18:10:44

JeanBodel excellent idea - will adopt it.

Recently chased ParcelForce van up street shouting (without regard for decorum) but driver affected not to notice!

Have resorted to leaving hall light on to indicate occupation, but it's wasteful, and depressing on a sunny day - your solution is better.

Mollymom Wed 28-Sep-11 13:09:46

Great idea-have pinned a notice to my door today-waiting in again!! They didn't even leave a card yesterday but am armed with keys in pocket ready for them now..................any minute I am sure (although the delivery is an all day possibility)

YankNCock Wed 28-Sep-11 13:13:36

I'm imagining you poised by the door like a crouching tiger, keys in hand!

YANBU. I've had ones that don't even knock, just shove the card through the door straight away.

Mollymom Wed 28-Sep-11 13:31:21

I very nearly was cos the computer in next to the front door!! Guess what-just had the delivery!! Hurrah!! I can now dare to hang out some washing. Will now always put a note on the door tho

maighdlin Wed 28-Sep-11 13:32:43

not as bad as actually watching through the front window post man fill in "sorry you were out" without knocking with no parcel. clearly couldn't be bothered carrying it. angry

edwinbear Wed 28-Sep-11 14:25:55

Last week, having paid £150 for a 110kg safe to be delivered, the delivery driver refused to bring it inside because my drive is shingle and his trolley thing wouldn't wheel over it. He said as he was on his own, unless I helped (I'm 32 weeks pregnant) he couldn't bring it in as he was only allowed to lift 30 kgs. When I asked why he was delivering safes on his own he shrugged his shoulders, dumped my safe in the street and left!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now