Talk

Advanced search

To be fed up of them never using the front door?

(26 Posts)
GalaxyWeaver Tue 27-Sep-11 12:33:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

grovel Tue 27-Sep-11 12:36:10

YANBU (I'd leave the fucking out though).

ViviPru Tue 27-Sep-11 12:36:25

Have another word. That'd be annoying.

MrSpoc Tue 27-Sep-11 12:36:39

Sorry its none of ur business. Next time by a house with not right of way.

Reasonable access is a loose term and have different meanings to different people.

Sorry to sound harsh but YABU

woowoo2 Tue 27-Sep-11 12:37:00

yanbu, that would really irritate me

mothmagnet Tue 27-Sep-11 12:37:10

Yes, that would annoy me too.
It sounds like they're in the habit and need a nudge to get them to stop.

I don't think you'd be unreasonable to tell them how much it pisses you off, they probably don't realise.

nethunsreject Tue 27-Sep-11 12:37:16

I'd be fucked off too.

However, maybe something that doesn't involve the word 'fuck' might go down better? wink grin

valiumredhead Tue 27-Sep-11 12:38:10

What MrSpoc said but less harsh grin

MrSpoc Tue 27-Sep-11 12:40:02

Have a look at a website called garden law. Its full of experts in this field. They will advise you the exact legal situation but you do not have any rights in requesting them to stop.

GalaxyWeaver Tue 27-Sep-11 12:42:43

GalaxyWeaver Tue 27-Sep-11 12:44:43

grovel Tue 27-Sep-11 12:44:59

I think it is unreasonable use of access if your neighbours have a reasonable alternative.

MrSpoc Tue 27-Sep-11 12:46:15

i understand what you are saying but unless your deeds state "bins and bikes access only" then you cannot do anything about it.

Most terrace house have a right of way and its one of things people needs to consider when buying one. It is a pain and i can understand your upset over it but if your not carfeul you may end up with a neighbur dispute over something you cannot stop.

fanjobanjowanjo Tue 27-Sep-11 12:46:20

can you install any fencing to make a "corridor" so you can keep your privacy?

MrSpoc Tue 27-Sep-11 12:47:27

but it is reasonable use. How would you explain that in court.

MrSpoc Tue 27-Sep-11 12:49:15

Op there is nothing in law that would stop anyone using either door as their main door. It would be very hard to argue that they are not using it for reasonable access.

GalaxyWeaver Tue 27-Sep-11 12:49:58

RoobyMyrtle Tue 27-Sep-11 12:53:13

YABU: it's standard in many terraced houses. The houses next to me have their access running along the back of my house and they use their back doors as the main access. As long as they don't blatantly stare in as they walk past (they don't) then I don't have a problem with it.
There's absolutely nothing you can do about it and you'd be very unreasonable to complain about it IMO.

monkeypuzzeltree Tue 27-Sep-11 13:09:12

Can you put something in the way that doesn't block the access but makes it a bit less convenient? Or, you could do something really mature, like stand half naked in the kitchen and make them blush next time they pass, might give them a shock and realise that you do have right to some privacy?! grin

dawntigga Tue 27-Sep-11 13:15:09

YABU it's shared access and reasonable means different things to different people.

Doesn'tUseHerFrontDoorAtAllTiggaxx

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Tue 27-Sep-11 13:32:52

Hmm I would consider reasonable access to be for bins/bikes/garden waste etc as well. Does it elaborate on exactly what it covers?

I think I'd be tempted to make them not WANT to go through your back garden . . . massive scary dog? S&M gear hanging up to dry? (Does rubber need drying?)

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Tue 27-Sep-11 13:33:35

Invite a local nudist group to hang out in your garden (or pay some mates to do it).

Or get a tiger.

VFVF Tue 27-Sep-11 13:37:45

Agree with monkeypuzzle, could you not just do the washing up naked a few times?

disclaimer this may backfire massivley if you are not a hideous trog like me grin

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Tue 27-Sep-11 13:37:55

Tiger! Great idea grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now