Talk

Advanced search

to present these jam tarts as per the serving suggestion?

(13 Posts)
HeadfirstForHocusPocus Tue 27-Sep-11 10:39:12

I bought a therapeutic box of Mr Kiplings jam tarts on the way home from the school run. As I was browsing mumsnet and munching my second (the blackcurrant one- I don't want to dripfeed) I noticed that the serving suggestion on the box was a jam tart with a bite taken out of it and several crumbs scattered around decoratively.

WIBU to "serve" the remaining 4 jam tarts to the dc later in this manner?

Hassled Tue 27-Sep-11 10:41:11

Go for it grin.

The blackcurrant ones are by far the nicest.

pictish Tue 27-Sep-11 10:42:14

Hahahaaa! Very good!

My husband loves a jam tart - I prefer a mini roll.

Laquitar Tue 27-Sep-11 10:44:18

'the remaining 4' !

They are 6 in the box, are you only having 2 till the afternoon? shock

TheVermiciousKnid Tue 27-Sep-11 10:46:35

As you bought them on the way home from the school run, your children don't know about them. Eat them all. Unless you want to send a couple to me.

HeadfirstForHocusPocus Tue 27-Sep-11 10:48:48

Well I could eat two more, but I don't really like the raspberry ones so evidence would remain.

I'm feeling the urge to peruse my cupboards for other bizarre serving suggestions...

Meteorite Tue 27-Sep-11 10:50:42

grin

WatermelonSugar Tue 27-Sep-11 10:53:34

At least your serving suggestion is achievable.

I once had a box of chocolate and banana cereal which featured a picture of two cheery cartoon cocoa beans and a cartoon banana, all in baseball caps, going down a slide into a bowl of the cereal - and this was also the serving suggestion.

Mind you, the cereal was revolting. Perhaps adding cartoon beans in baseball caps would have made it nicer, in which case IABU.

MackerelOfFact Tue 27-Sep-11 11:15:14

A quick persual of Google Images indicates that Mr Kipling also suggests the serving of vienesse whirls, apple pies, mince pies and cherry bakewells in a similar fashion.

Surely the entire point of a serving suggestion is so that the customer doesn't complain when their box of foodstuff doesn't come as indicated in the photo. Would someone actually complain about their jam tart being intact? Or is it just to cover their arses if it all gets broken in the box?!

caramelwaffle Tue 27-Sep-11 11:22:52

You save some for the children? Kudos...

scrappydappydoo Tue 27-Sep-11 11:31:30

mmmm Jam tarts

Tomorrowslookingfine Tue 27-Sep-11 11:36:29

YANBU go for it and dont forget to update us later on the response from your DC's!

gethelp Tue 27-Sep-11 12:43:07

The raspberry ones can be made more palatable by gentle warming and a splash of cream. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now