Talk

Advanced search

To put myself at your mercy?

(5 Posts)
Asmodeus Mon 26-Sep-11 23:10:16

I've just started my first blog tonight and I'm asking the best of the bunch (IE the good folks of the Mumsnet community!) to give me your brutally honest opinions on my opening page.

Thanks

http://mumoblogs.blogspot.com/

gorionine Tue 27-Sep-11 06:44:35

Honestly I really like your opening page content. The bit about you commenting on the way media reports events makes me think I would probably very much enjoy reading it (+ am also a mum of 4, 2 girls, 2 boys -older than yours- we have plenty in common)...

...providing it is not all written in pink, sorry but it is a bit too luminous and hurts my eyes a bit.

Other than that seems right up my streetgrin

Asmodeus Tue 27-Sep-11 07:01:21

I thought that about the colour. Since it's a black background, what colour would you suggest? Plain white? Thanks for reading it!

gorionine Tue 27-Sep-11 07:08:49

I think white might work better or maybe coulour, even pink but slightly less luminous that's allsmile

Tee2072 Tue 27-Sep-11 07:41:04

Here's my honest opinion, as a graphic artist and fellow blogger.

Just from looking at it, I wouldn't read it.

Anything against a black back ground is very hard on the eyes. With that lens flare pink in your masthead, I actually blinked at the brightness. And closed the tab.

Also, Comic Sans is not a comfortable font to read

If you want people to see your words, don't worry about being bling or fancy. Just write. Black text on a white background is best, with a simpler masthead.

I haven't read your content. Change the layout and I might!

That'll be £20 please. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now