Talk

Advanced search

To be p****d off that my day was wasted by Next

(11 Posts)
ButterflySally Mon 26-Sep-11 19:38:35

I bought something online from Next (they promise next day delivery if you order before 9pm). I received a confirmation email advising that it would be delivered today between 8am and 6pm.

It's 7.30pm and the bloody thing hasn't arrived. I stayed home ALL DAY waiting (silly me, clearly!). I called customer services and, following a refund of delivery charges only after my request and a limp apology, I was advised it may turn up tomorrow, so I'll have to wait home then too.

Grrrr....I'm so annoyed (but feel slightly better after this rant).

Euphemia Mon 26-Sep-11 19:47:07

Next leave my parcels in a safe place if I'm not in - could you make a similar arrangement?

MrsPresley Mon 26-Sep-11 19:51:38

It does say on the website that next day delivery only applies if there is a courier in your area, but it isnt in a prominent place, so is easily missed.

Just like the fact that their flowers have a 12 hour time slot, as I found out when I ordered flowers for my mums 70th birthday angry

oneofthosedays Mon 26-Sep-11 20:25:52

I get our man to leave parcels round the back, I refuse to wait in for Next stuff because if you do a large order they send it all in dribs and bloody drabs and I'd never make it out the house!

Seona1973 Mon 26-Sep-11 20:29:17

you can normally pick an am or pm slot. My courier always used to deliver around lunchtime as she knew I would be home (from when ds was at nursery and finished at 11.30am). If I am not in she sticks it in the blue bin at the back of the house

vj32 Mon 26-Sep-11 20:30:33

I don't shop with Next Online any more as despite saying they had closed my credit account, they hadn't, and it required so many phone calls to put right I refuse to go through all that again. They made me seem unreasonable because I actually wanted to pay for my stuff straight away.

letmehelp Mon 26-Sep-11 20:42:35

You don't need to wait in, if you miss it, the courier will leave a card with her phone number and you call to arrange a more convenient time or tell them where to leave it. Their couriers are local people with a car, rather than large national companies IYSWIM

ButterflySally Tue 27-Sep-11 17:34:52

Day two and STILL NO DELIVERY!! There is nowhere for them to leave it safely as we live in a secure apartment building which fronts onto a busy main road, so if I'm out I miss the delivery. Rearranging would be a pain because then I just have to find more time to stay at home for.

The courier is Hermes...they're quite a large company, I thought.

All I ordered was a pair of shoes and a duvet cover...would have been easier to go into a store! Really not pleased with this shoddy service.

tjacksonpfc Tue 27-Sep-11 18:30:02

no no no not hermes that is the Courier that Achacia use and I found out via the free trial on here that they are rubbish. There courier refused to deliver my towels as it was to big a parcel so it went all the way back to hermes.

It then took a further 4 days when the courier recieved it back for him to be bothered to deliver it to me. He only lives in the next village and is in the area daily. I am still waiting for some of it to arrive. If i order anything now and the company uses hermes i cancel my order. they are totaly rubbish.

Tee2072 Tue 27-Sep-11 18:33:52

This, and their credit policy, is why I not only won't order from them, I won't shop in their store.

Vote with your feet.

southeastastra Tue 27-Sep-11 18:36:23

our hermes bloke always leaves a text when it's ready for delivery. also ours always places it somewhere um secure when i'm out. you have to sort of get a realtionship going with the courier

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now